Health and Liability Insurance
GSI/FAIR is obliged to make sure that all guests (with guest agreements) are properly insured.
Your health insurance should meet the following requirements:
- Is valid in Germany during the time of your stay
- Covers unlimited costs for necessary medical treatment. When you have a SchengenVisa the limit of 30K is sufficient
- The certificate should be issued in an international format (such that we can understand whom, is insured when for what)
- The certificate should be issued no longer than 6 months ago
If your insurance does not meet all those requirements you will have to take out an additional health insurance.
If you don`t have a liability insurance covering Germany during the period of your stay, we highly recommend taking one. Here is explained why.
There are many companies offering private liability insurances.
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH offers collective insurances for health and for liability for all non Germans:
GSI Group Heatlh Insurance (Europa Versicherung)
It is a basic private health insurance. Which means bills have to paid by yourself beforehand and you get the money back afterwards after having turned in the bills. Please inform yourself about the condtions. The english version is for convenience only and not legally binding.
- Price: € 1,84 per day
- Covers business trips outside Germany BUT you will have to inform the welcome office about it beforehand by sending an email attaching the approved travel request (DIO) to welcome-office(at)gsi.de.
- Does not cover: private trips outside of Germany
If you have pre-existing illnesses and/or need a broader range of services provided, please inform yourself about other possibilities. For example at: https://www.krankenkassenzentrale.de/wiki/incoming-en#
GSI Group Liability Insurance (Europa Versicherung)
Price: € 0,11 per day
Please inform yourself about the condtions. The english version is for convenience only and not legally binding.