The Welcome Office at GSI/FAIR is the central point of contact for associated guests and users on campus.
Changed bus route from wednesday 21.09.2022 up to and including friday 18.11.2022.
The Merianstraße in Wixhausen will become a one-way street.
In the direction of Arheilgen Dreieichweg or Wixhausen Bahnhof a detour will be operated. The stop "Merianstraße/GSI" will be cancelled without replacement.
In the direction of GSI, the normal route is used.
WHAT WE DO:
As a guest, you will have to register, before coming to GSI/FAIR.
- Visitors of public events( Access for visitors)
- Participants of events organized at GSI/FAIR
- Internships (Praktika) without third-party funding, please contact Human Resources
- Trainees with a contract from GSI/FAIR
- People working for companies hired by GSI/FAIR (Fremdmitarbeiter)
- Guests paid from GSI, i.e. that are on GSI payroll; their point of contact is the Human Resources Department (stipends).
Local Contact Person
Before and during the stay of a guest/user, the Local Contact Person is the person to be contacted on all issues.
The Local Contact Person is the responsible counterpart for the Welcome Office and other departments for the guest/user.
- List of Local Contact Persons
- HowTo Local Contact Person
- If your reason for stay is beamtime, you will be rooted to the list link scientists you can choose from
- For those participating in GET_INvolved Programme please note - Dr. Pradeep Ghosh is your contact person
For Guest Room reservations in:
Guesthouse: It is dedicated for beam-time users (they have priority). Rooms with private bath and phone; location: GSI/FAIR campus. Price: 34 € per night (extra bed 5 € per night). Busstop for bus to Darmstadt: 15 min walking distance; train station Wixhausen: 30 min; shopping area Wixhausen: 25 min.
Steinhaus: Dedicated also for long-term stays up to max. 6 month. Single and double rooms most of them with shower; location: Messeler-Park-Strasse 121 (15 min walking distance to GSI). Price: 21 € per night (Extra bed 5 € per night). Busstop for bus to Darmstadt: 2 min; train station Wixhausen: 15 min; shopping area Wixhausen: 10 min.
GSI/FAIR is obliged to make sure that all guests (with guest agreement) are properly insured. GSI offers collective insurances for health and for liability.