The Welcome Office at GSI/FAIR is the central point of contact for associated guests and users on campus.
MOVE: On July 16th, we transitionally moved to BK1 - side room canteen
Corona Check list for GSI / FAIR guests
At any time, if you do not feel well, cancel your trip.
This checklist is to support you and is not legally binding.
Last update on November 11th, 2020
- Is visit necessary?
- if NO, do not come
- if YES, continue with 2.
- Are you coming from a risk area?
- if NO, you can come (if you have a valid contract or guest agreement with GSI / FAIR)
- if YES, continue with 3.
- Guests have to do an electronic entry registration.
IMPORTANT: carry the confirmation of the entry registration form with you at all times during travel
If you are not able to do the electronic entry registration:
- Inviting person at GSI has to inform Task-Force-Health and Welcome Office.
- Information on guest: Name, birth date, arrival date, travelling in from, places of stay during visit
- Information on inviting person: Name, department, telephone number
- At any time, if you do not feel well, cancel your trip.
- On arrival, go in isolation at a place of your choice. For example:
- Arheilger Hof cooking possibilities.
- Hotel Atlanta water cooker and small fridge available.
- Hotel Weißer Schwan can provide 3 meals a day and a water cooker on request.
Flyer RKI on isolation
Please inform yourself how delivery of food and drinks can be organised. The only reason you are allowed to leave your room for, is to go for the test. Some hotels offer catering.
- Get tested after 5 days (day of arrival does not count) or stay in isolation for 10 days.
Information on accepted tests
Where you can get tested:
- At the airport.
- Infektiologikum Frankfurt: You can get appointments between 08:00-13:00. The result is expected to be ready at 18:00 the same day. For an appointment, write an email to bickel(at)infektiologikum.de and put GSI Helmholtzzentrum in the subject of your email (expected costs around 75 Euro)
- If you want to use the medical service via GSI, please ask your local contact person to contact the Welcome Office and our Task-Force-Health. Details needed:
- Full name of guest
- Birthdate of guest
- Arrival date of guest
- Corona Test Center in Darmstadt. Bessunger Straße 125, building D, 64295 Darmstadt. Opening hours: mon-fri 09:00-13:00. Call 116117 to get an approval to go. You do NOT get an appointment, so you will need patience.
Information on accepted tests
- Antigen-Body test (speed test):
- if test is positive, get PCR test
- if test is negative, continue with 8.
- PCR test
- Send result to task-force-health, welcome office and your local contact person.
The Welcome office will activate your access card (overnight).
Stay in the GSI / FAIR Guest or Stein House - after isolation
- The guest- and welcome office will inform the local health authorities about the number of people staying in the guest and stein house
GSI /FAIR information:
General links with the latest information:
WHAT WE DO:
As a guest, you will have to register, before coming to GSI/FAIR.
- Visitors of public events
- Participants of events organized at GSI/FAIR
- People working for companies hired by GSI/FAIR (Fremdmitarbeiter)
- Guests paid from GSI, i.e. that are on GSI payroll; their point of contact is the Human Resources Department (stipends).
Local Contact Person
Before and during the stay of a guest/user, the Local Contact Person is the person to be contacted on all issues.
The Local Contact Person is the responsible counterpart for the Welcome Office and other departments for the guest/user.
- List of Local Contact Persons
- HowTo Local Contact Person
- List of Local Contact Persons for beamtime users
- For those participating in GET_INvolved Programme please note - Dr. Pradeep Ghosh is your contact person
GSI/FAIR is obliged to make sure that all guests (with guest agreement) are properly insured. GSI offers collective insurances for health and for liability.