Biophysics & Radio-Biology Program Advisory Committee (Bio-PAC)
GSI has established a Biophysics & Radio-Biology Program Advisory Committee (Bio-PAC) that evaluates experiment proposals submitted to GSI in the areas of biophysics, radiobiology, and radiotherapy. The Bio-PAC members give advice to the GSI directorate on selecting experiment proposals that are submitted by individual users or user groups. Following periodic calls for proposals, the Bio-PAC meets two in two years. The Bio-PAC evaluates the experiment proposals on the basis of scientific merit and technical feasibility, and makes recommendations on the ammount of beam time to be allotted.
Next Bio-PAC Meeting
Date of the next Bio-PAC Meeting: 22 - 23 June 2020
Call for Proposals and Proposal Submission
Call for Proposals: open now, please visit theG-PAC webpage regarding all necessary information.
Please select "Bio-PAC" in the webform for Proposal submission.
The deadline of the 'Call' is 30 April 2020.
Please note that since 2019 GSI provides access to its facilities under INSPIRE (Infrastructure in Proton International Research); a contract within the framework of TNA (EU/Horizon2020 Integrating Activities). Please find more information here.
Database of granted beam time
For information on remaining shifts/proposals of approved experiments your local contact person can search a database of active proposals. Entries are updated at the end of each beam time block.
Members of the Bio-PAC
- Prof. Dr. Peter Dendooven
KVI-CART, University of Groningen, The Netherlands / Helsinki Institute of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Jäkel
- Prof. Vincenzo Patera, Chair Bio-PAC (Spokesperson of Biophysics Collaboration)
Sapienza University of Rome, INFN, Italy
- Dr. Yolanda Prezado (Deputy Spokesperson of Biophysics Collaboration)
Institut Curie Centre de Recherche, Centre Universitaire, Orsay, France
- Dr. Charlot Vandevoorde
NRF iThemba LABS, South Africa
Bio-PAC Scientific Secretary
Dr. Karin Füssel
Phone: +49-6159-71 1441
Fax: +49-6159-71 2991
contact by E-Mail to: K.Fuessel(at)gsi.de
Information for users of the GSI biophysical research facility
Recent Bio-PAC Meetings
- Bio-PAC06 (ESA-Proposals), February 21/22, 2011: Minutes Bio-PAC06
- Bio-PAC05, June 24/25, 2010: Agenda Bio-PAC05, Minutes Bio-PAC05, List of Proposals Bio-PAC05
- Bio-PAC04 (ESA-Proposals), August 18-20, 2008: Proposals (40 MB), Minutes Bio-PAC04 (incl. AO-08-IBER), Overview granted ESA proposals / GSI contact persons
- Bio-PAC03, May 8/9, 2008: Agenda Bio-PAC03, Minutes Bio-PAC03, Overview Proposals Bio-PAC03
- Bio-PAC September (14)/15/16, 2005: Minutes Bio-PAC 2005, Proposals Radiation Physics & Therapy, Proposals Radiobiology
General Data Protection Regulation GDPR (according to Art. 13 and 14 DSGVO): Staff Management Board GDPR english