Biophysics & Radio-Biology Program Advisory Committee (Bio-PAC)
GSI/FAIR have established a Biophysics & Radio-Biology Program Advisory Committee (Bio-PAC) that evaluates experiment proposals in the areas of biophysics, radiobiology, and radiotherapy. The Bio-PAC members give advice to the GSI/FAIR directorate on selecting experiment proposals that are submitted by individual users or user groups, currently for the FAIR-Phase 0 program. Following periodic calls for proposals, the Bio-PAC meets two in two years. The Bio-PAC evaluates the experiment proposals on the basis of scientific merit and technical feasibility and with regard to the GSI/FAIR strategy, and makes recommendations on the ammount of beam time to be allotted.
Since 2021 we are using a new platform for proposal and user management: The General Access Tool to the Experimental facilities of GSI / FAIR (GATE).
Registration to GATE under: https://gate.gsi.de.
GATE Short Manual for Users: here
Registration in GATE is possible independant of an open 'Call' at any time and registered users will be informed on new 'Calls'. So it is advisable for interested users to register any time.
All (!) participants of a proposal and experimentalists coming on-site for the experiment need to be registered in GATE (and allow being visible for other users' search in GATE).
Members of the Bio-PAC
- Prof. Dr. Peter Dendooven
University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands / Helsinki Institute of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Jäkel
DKFZ / HIT, Germany
- Prof. Vincenzo Patera, Chair Bio-PAC (Spokesperson of Biophysics Collaboration)
Sapienza University of Rome, INFN, Italy
- Dr. Yolanda Prezado (Deputy Spokesperson of Biophysics Collaboration)
Institut Curie Centre de Recherche, Centre Universitaire, Orsay, France
- Dr. Michael Story
UT Southwestern - Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Bio-PAC Scientific Secretary
Dr. Karin Füssel
Phone: +49-6159-71 1441
Fax: +49-6159-71 2991
contact by E-Mail to: K.Fuessel(at)gsi.de
Next Bio-PAC Meeting
Date of the next Bio-PAC Meeting: to be announced
Information for users of the biophysical research facility
Please note that since 2019 GSI provides access to its facilities under INSPIRE (Infrastructure in Proton International Research); a contract within the framework of TNA (EU/Horizon2020 Integrating Activities). Please find more information here.
Recent Bio-PAC Meetings
- Bio-PAC09, September 26-27, 2022: Documents of the meeting (for Bio-PAC members only); Agenda Bio-PAC08
- Bio-PAC08, June 22/23, 2020: Agenda Bio-PAC08
- Bio-PAC07, September 19/20, 2017
- Bio-PAC06 (ESA-Proposals), February 21/22, 2011
- Bio-PAC05, June 24/25, 2010: Agenda Bio-PAC05
- Bio-PAC04 (ESA-Proposals), August 18-20, 2008 (incl. AO-08-IBER)
- Bio-PAC03, May 8/9, 2008: Agenda Bio-PAC03
- Bio-PAC September (14)/15/16, 2005