Research and Development
Raum: SB2 2.234
Email: David Haider
I’m involved in the development of a Cryogenic Current Comparator (CCC) system for the FAIR facility and CRYRING@GSI. Topics:
- Recommission of the GSI-CCC system and its upgrade with new vacuum, cryogenic and sensor components (dc SQUID and its FLL electronics).
- Installation of the GSI-CCC prototype and optimizations of the vacuum and cryogenic environments at the accelerator beam line.
- Beam intensity and related investigations using CCC and comparative studies with other standard intensity measurement devices.
- Evaluation of requirements for the CCC system at the future accelerator beamlines.
- FEM simulations for the optimization of various parts of the CCC system
- Mechanical design and technical construction of the CCC cryostat
- Installation of the CCC system on the accelerator beam line
- Cryogenic tests and beam measurements using the CCC system at the accelerator beam line