Open Access @ GSI
- Helmholtz participation in SCOAP3
Links : http://www.scoap3.de/fuer-autorinnen/kostenfreies-publizieren/
- Helmholtz sponsoring for arXiv (Cornell library)
- Member IoP New Journal of Physics
- Member SpringerOpen / BioMedCentral
- Sponsoring of the accelerator division PRST-AB
- Accelerator division JACoW Conferences
- Open access self-publishing at the GSI Repository (e.g. GSI Scientific Reports)
For more information, newsletters, workshops, webinars see: http://oa.helmholtz.de/
OA check list for publishing:
1. Check for suspicion as a potential predatory scholarly open‑access publisher or conference organizer: https://beallslist.weebly.com/
2. Look if your selected journal is listed in the DOAJ https://doaj.org/
If yes - you can finished with this check list and you can got to the internal page for the GSI publication fond.
If no, go to the next steps:
3. Check the standard conditions of your selected journal in this directory http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/index.php
Look for your rights to Author"s Pre-print (green e.g. arXiv), Author"s Post-print (green: Post-print for the GSI Repository), Publisher"s Version/PDF (green e.g. publisher PDF for the GSI Repository).
4. Check the green rights in your present authors" contract, sign the contract and - if permitted upload the files to arxive and/or the GSI repository.
5. If you want to get more or any rights in respect to green open access, please add this addendum into your authors" contract (e.g. after printing): “The Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung shall be entitled to make the article freely accessible to the general public on the institute"s server 6 months after publication of the article (alternative: at the time of publication).” If the publishing house will accept this (e.g. by do not enter an objection). Deposit your postprint at the GSI repository.
Green Open Access:
For green open access please add this sentence into your author contract:
- “The Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung shall be entitled to make the article freely accessible to the general public on the institute"s server 6 months after publication of the article (alternative: at the time of publication).”
While uploading your green open access file - regularly the postprint - into the GSI Repository
please add your author contract.
More information to publisher copyright policies & self-archiving: www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/
GSI as Publisher (Gold Open Access):
Upload your publication to the GSI Repository and write an email to gsilibrary(at)gsi.de with the GSI Repository Link you got and the information about your favorite licence (standard licence is cc-by 4.0 ).