Mobility at GSI
For your journey to the GSI Helmholtzzentrum (Planckstraße 1) you have different possibilities.
The GSI Helmholtzzentrum addresses the topic "Sustainability and Flexibility" and has already implemented some offers in this regard.
- Bus line G connects the GSI Helmholtzzentrum, Planckstraße, with the train station in Wixhausen and the streetcar in Arheilgen-Dreieichweg.
- From the official stop "Merianstraße/GSI" the line G changes to the factory traffic (no change necessary).
- This plant transport route Merianstraße/GSI to GSI Planckstraße (and vice versa) is free of charge for GSI employees/guests/visitors.
The timetable of line G (runs only Mon - Fri) can be found here: line G
26.10.2022 Please note the following information from HeagMobilo for a line change starting 10/31/22:
Source image: Heinerliner website
- The bus stop GSI Planckstraße is also a stop for the Heinerliner.
- The Heinerliner is a project of Heag mobilo.
- Simply book a ride via app, without strict schedules and fixed routes.
- Individual, flexible, digital, but always together with others if possible.
- You enter the start and destination in the app, the cost of the trip is displayed and the meeting point.
- Up to 6 passengers can travel together per route.
- The Heinerliner drives emission-free and several people at the same time, from four o'clock in the morning to one o'clock at night, Friday and Saturday night even continuously.
All further information can be found here:
Call a bike
Source image: Call a bike website
- On the parking lot south, between the gate and the parking garage, you will find a "Call a bike" bike-sharing station next to the gate building (initially on a test basis until 2024).
- The bikesharing stations located throughout the city of Darmstadt give the opportunity to continue routes flexibly and individually.
You can find out how the process works and where the stations are located in Darmstadt via the Call a bike app. You can find more information here: