Mobility at GSI
For your journey to the GSI Helmholtzzentrum (Planckstraße 1) you have different possibilities.
The GSI Helmholtzzentrum addresses the topic "Sustainability and Flexibility" and has already implemented some offers in this regard.
JobTicket / company ticket bund
2 types of JobTickets are offered. JobTicketDeutschland and the JobTicket/CompanyTicketBund. One of the differences is that the JobTicketDeutschland is valid throughout Germany and entitles you to unlimited use of all local public transport. You can find more info on the websites:
- Bus line G connects the GSI Helmholtzzentrum, Planckstraße, with the train station in Wixhausen and the streetcar in Arheilgen-Dreieichweg.
- From the official stop "Merianstraße/GSI" the line G changes to the factory traffic (no change necessary).
- This plant transport route Merianstraße/GSI to GSI Planckstraße (and vice versa) is free of charge for GSI employees/guests/visitors.
The timetable of line G (runs only Mon - Fri) can be found here: line G
Information on the timetable from 04.09.23: Flyer Dadina 04.09.2023
Source image: Heinerliner website
- The bus stop GSI Planckstraße is also a stop for the Heinerliner.
- The Heinerliner is a project of Heag mobilo.
- Simply book a ride via app, without strict schedules and fixed routes.
- Individual, flexible, digital, but always together with others if possible.
- You enter the start and destination in the app, the cost of the trip is displayed and the meeting point.
- Up to 6 passengers can travel together per route.
- The Heinerliner drives emission-free and several people at the same time, from four o'clock in the morning to one o'clock at night, Friday and Saturday night even continuously.
All further information can be found here:
Call a bike
Source image: Call a bike website
- On the parking lot south, between the gate and the parking garage, you will find a "Call a bike" bike-sharing station next to the gate building (initially on a test basis until 2024).
- The bikesharing stations located throughout the city of Darmstadt give the opportunity to continue routes flexibly and individually.
You can find out how the process works and where the stations are located in Darmstadt via the Call a bike app. You can find more information here:
There will be one e-bike each available for rent on the GSI Campus and in Borsigstraße.
- These can be used for business trips between the GSI campus and Borsigstraße.
- At the GSI Campus the bike can be rented at zentrale-dienste(at)gsi.de.
- In the Borsigstraße at empfang_borsig(at)gsi.de.
- Please announce the need (date, from/to) in time.
- The reservation will be confirmed in writing.
- To rent an e-bike, an instruction is necessary, which has to be filled out and handed in at ZDI (SB2.4.110) / Reception Borsigstraße before renting. There you will receive everything else. You can find the instruction here: Unterweisung GSI Campus, DUnterweisung Borsigstraße
- For your own safety, it is recommended that you wear a safety vest and bicycle helmet. These can be obtained from ZDI (SB2.4.110) / reception Borsigstraße.
- At the end of the business trip, please leave the e-bike locked in the agreed place and immediately return the key, helmet/safety vest etc. to ZDI / Reception Borsigstraße.