We are pleased to announce that this year ten apprentices have successfully completed their training at GSI. On July 11, 2023, a small celebration was held to mark the occasion, during which the graduates received congratulations from the Management Board, the HR department, the works council, the equal opportunities committee and the representative board for disabled employees.
Special thanks go to our trainers who accompanied and supported the apprentices during their training.
We wish our graduates all the best for their future endeavors and are confident that they will continue to succeed on their life journey.
Our welcome event FirstSteps@GSI this year could finally take place in presence again.
The trainees and dual students were welcome by the administrative managing director Mr. Breuer and received short impulses from some departments. In addition, a campus rally and two team challenges including a prize ceremony took place.
Welcome of our new apprentices 2023
We are pleased to inform you that we have been able to recruit new apprentices for the following professions for the new vocational training year, which started on September 04:
- one office management assistant
- two electronics technicians for industrial engineering
- two facility mechanics
- one industrial mechanic
- one construction mechanic
- one IT specialist.
We warmly welcome our new apprentices and wish them a successful start at GSI/FAIR.
We are looking forward to the time we will spend together.
Apprenticeship at GSI
GSI has been a vocational training company since 1976 and trains the following professions:
- Plant mechanic for sanitary, heating and air conditioning technology (German: Anlagenmechaniker*in für Sanitär- Heizungs- und Klimatechnik)
- Electronics technician for devices and systems (German: Elektroniker*in für Geräte und Systeme)
- Electronics technician for industrial engineering (German: Elektroniker*in für Betriebstechnik)
- Construction mechanic (German: Konstruktionsmechaniker*in)
- Industrial mechanic (German: Industriemechaniker*in)
- Office management assistant (German: Kaufleute für Büromanagement)
- IT specialist for system integration (Fachinformatiker*in für Systemintegration)
The apprenticeships start every year after the Hessian summer vacations.
We offer the following events for our apprentices:
- Get to know each other - afternoon before the start of the training, where our new apprentices (and their parents) have the opportunity to get to know the vocational trainers and other contact persons concerning the vocational training.
- Introductory event "FirstSteps@GSI": On this day, which usually takes place in the first month after the start of the training, our new apprentices get an overview of GSI and FAIR and have the opportunity to get to know each other better.
- In-company lessons: The industrial apprentices from the 1st year of apprenticeship receive weekly in-company lessons of approx. 2 hours in mathematics and materials science.
- Graduation ceremony: After passing the final examination, the graduates are invited to a small ceremony.
Contact persons in the Human Resources Department are:
The dual study at GSI
In addition to the usual apprenticeship, GSI also offers the possibility to combine a study with a job in our specialized departments. This career path gained increasing popularity in recent years, as the advantages of a practical apprenticeship can be combined with an academic degree.
GSI has so-called cooperation agreements with several universities of applied sciences about practice-integrated study courses. This means that students are supervised at GSI during the lecture-free period and partly work on their own projects, while the theory is regularly taught at the universities of applied sciences during the lecture period.
Cooperation agreements exist for the following study programs:
Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University:
- Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) Occupational Safety (German: Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) Arbeitssicherheit)
- Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) Radiation Protection (German) Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) Strahlenschutz
Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences:
- Computer Science - dual (Bachelor´s degree)
- Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) Computer Science dual (KESS)
- Bachelor of Science (B. Eng.) Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (KoSE) (only in german)
Hochschule Worms University of Applied Sciences:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) International Logistics Management
- Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) Business Computing
Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen - University of Applied Sciences:
Contact person in the Human Resources Department is:
Sandra Horn s.horn(at)gsi.de or – 2165