Department SC Magnets & Testing (SCM)
- Superconducting Magnets and Testing -
The central tasks of the department include:
- Magnet design according to ion optical requirements as well as cryostat development and module integration,
- Development and optimization of various components such as superconducting cables or yoke production,
- Specification development for series production,
- Manufacturing tracking (technical project management) with special focus on quality assurance,
- Planning and specification of functional tests at operating temperature for quality assurance and determination of operating parameters,
- Execution of cold tests in own test facilities or monitoring at project partners,
- Development of dedicated measurement technology and infrastructure.
- Development, production support and testing of systems for the detection of quenching processes (transition to the normal conducting state),
- Planning of installation processes and sequences for commissioning accelerator segments.