room: BK1 2.013
Christoph Ferling (welding supervisor)
Detlef Grünberg (deputy head)
Tasks at PMO-QUA
The quality assurance (QUA) is within the FAIR project responsible for reliably stating whether the components for the new accelerator machine are fulfilling their specific requirements. Involvement of QUA already starts with the specification of these accelerator components. Quality assurance accompanies the whole production process of the component from its development up to its certification and release and, later on, its operation up to the end of its service life.
- ... takes - in collaboration with the specialist departments - care that suitable and coherent specifications are in time provided to, understood and realized by the involved entities,
- ... cares - in collaboration with the specialist departments - for an early planning, commitment and appropriate documentation of the required and regulated processes, interactions included (especially with test processes),
- ... consults with choice and application of compatible measuring equipment and methods, if applicable also by competent execution of measuring system analyses on site,
- ... supports with tests and certifications on site (at GSI or on the premises of external institutes and suppliers),
- ... administers the measuring and test equipment necessary for the project and reminds of their regular maintenance and calibration,
- ... claims the necessary documentation (e.g. test records) from all process steps and monitors their reliable storage.