Visitor Access FAIR/GSI
The new regulations have two aims: firstly, to protect our grounds from access by unauthorized individuals and guarantee continued security; secondly, to enable our employees to continue receiving guests. They will go into effect on April 1, 2017.
This is why the following regulations are important and must be observed, without any exceptions:
1. For security reasons, the employee entrance to Building KBW via the porch will be closed by the security staff from 8.30 p.m. until 6 a.m. During this time, employees can continue to enter and leave the building via the gate (main entrance of FAIR/GSI).
In addition, the separation unit between the foyer and the staircase to the offices will be in operation again starting on April 1, 2017.
Please inform the security staff at the gate (Pforte(at)gsi.de) about all events with visitors in the KBW lecture hall. The mail should contain the date and duration with start and end time of the event. The security staff will then open the gate (Windfang) to provide access for all visitors to the KBW lecture hall.
2. On principle, all visitors must register at the gate (which is manned by the security staff). After registering, every visitor will be issued a daily pass and his or her details will be entered into the guestbook. An exception applies for persons with a GSI guest ID, such as experimenters and guest scientists, who can enter the grounds via the usual access points.
The security staff will call the responsible FAIR/GSI-employee in case of visitors at the gate. After the employee has granted the addition, the visitor is allowed to access FAIR/GSI.
3. Visitors with a daily pass may tour GSI/FAIR only from Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. During their tour they must be accompanied by a GSI/FAIR employee.
When a complete list of the participants of conferences, events and meetings (except “Science for all”) is provided for the security personnel, the participants do not need to be accompanied after they are registered at the gate.
4. Outside the times specified above (= from Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and during weekends and holidays, visitors with a daily pass may enter the grounds only after a written registration has been e-mailed to the security staff (Pforte(at)gsi.de), with copies sent to the following departments: Security (K.Vogt(at)gsi.de, F.Baumann(at)gsi.de) and Central Services (zentrale-dienste(at)gsi.de). Registration should normally take place at least 2 days in advance. No reply is required. It is important that the visitors are registered with the ID card number.
The registration e-mail must contain the following information:
- The number of visitors and a list of their names
- Date of the visit
- Time of the visit
- A list of the rooms, halls, and paths to be visited
Gruppenanmeldungen werden durch die Sicherheitsabteilung geprüft.
Nur nach einer schriftlichen Genehmigung kann die Gruppe den Campus betreten.