Access Regulation to the GSI/FAIR Campus
The following information addresses general access to the GSI/FAIR campus.
Guided tours through GSI/FAIR
GSI and FAIR employees
Here please find informations for GSI and FAIR employees:
External company employees (FFMV)
Access to the campus by external company employees with an access card is only possible if the external company employee has been created in the FFMV by the specialist department and the data record has been released by Purchasing. The purchase order number is required for this.
- All external visitors (including external companie, suppliers, etc.) must genereally register at the gate (campus security) following an invitation by a GSI/FAIR employee here please find form . All external visitors (including external companie, suppliers, etc.) must genereally register at the gate (campus security) following an invitation by a GSI/FAIR employee External visitors will receive a day pass at the gate upon registration.
- Exempt are persons who stay on campus for several days and receive a GSI/FAIR guest pass, e.g. experimenters and guest scientists. They can enter the campus in the usual way and will be supervised by the Welcome Office.
- The GSI/FAIR employee concerned will be informed via telephone by the campus security about visitors who register at the gate. External visitors will not be allowed to enter GSI/FAIR until an employee has given permission for them to visit.
- External visitors who are not familiar with the location and have not been briefed are not allowed to enter the campus without supervision of a GSI/FAIR employee.
- External visitors who are familiar with the location and have been briefed may go to their destination unsupervised with the permission of the GSI/FAIR contact person.
- External visitors with a day pass may only visit GSI/FAIR from Monday to Friday from 7:00 a. m. to 8:00 p. m.
- At www.gsi.de/en/besichtigung information can be found how access to the campus is regulation in case of a guided tour.
External visitors of events
- If a complete list of participants in conferences, events, meetings and discussions (with the exception of "Wissenschaft für Alle") is submitted to campus security, they are considered to be registered, the registration procedure remains the same
Deliveries, freight businesses and waste management companies
- All deliveries, freight businesses and waste management companies have to register at the gate and will receive the day.
- Deliveries, freight businesses and waste management companies who have been briefed and are familiar with the premises may proceed to their destination with permission of their GSI/FAIR contact person.
- Deliveries, freight businesses and waste management companies who have not been briefed and are not familiar with the premises have to be accompanied by their GSI/FAIR contact person.
Outside the above times
- Outside the above times (= Mondays to Fridays between 8 p. m. and 7 a. m.) as well as on weekends and public holidays, external visitors with a day pass as well as deliveries, freight businesses and waste management companies may only enter the premises after written notification via e-mail to campus security with a copy to the departments Safety (k.vogt(at)gsi.de, firstname.lastname@example.org) and Central Site Services (zentrale-dienste(at)gsi.de), the external visitors must be registered and accompanied by GSI/FAIR employees.
- As a rule, the notification should be made at least 2 days in advance. No response is required. It is important that visitors are registered with their identity card number.
- The notification must contain the following information:
- The number of visitors and a list of their names
- Date of the stay
- Time of the stay
- A list of the rooms, halls, and paths to be visited
- Please note: This written notification on holidays, weekends, and work days from 8:00 p. m. to 7:00 a. m. serves your protection and the protection of visitors. GSI/FAIR is not staffed with company nurses or company paramedics outside of regular working hours. Should an accident occur on the way, campus security is informed via the previous written notification where approximately you are.
Guests and visitors staying in the guest house
- For guests and visitors staying in the guest house (GSI/FAIR premises) over the weekend, the item "Outside the above times" does not apply, as they are already registered.
- Unless they are expecting visitors, in which case the same rules apply to visitors.