Visit GSI and FAIR live — online!
Take part in one of our live online visits and get to know GSI and FAIR. We'll show you the research facilities, from the 120-meter-long particle accelerator to the big detectors, explain the scientific context and highlights, and take you to the construction site of the large new particle accelerator facility FAIR! The live moderation will answer your questions. You can dial in directly without previous registration.
Dial-in link: www.gsi.de/online_besichtigung
Password/meeting identification code: GSI
Click on the link, you will then be asked for the meeting identification code and your email address. Dial-in will be open 15 minutes before the start of the event on the day of the event.
Information on data protection can be found at zoom.us/en/privacy.html.
Currently no further dates for online visits are available. Once new dates have been fixed, they will be published here.
Schedule of the event (90 min.)
* Overview lecture "The universe in the laboratory".
* Guided video tour: accelerators and research stations (German videos with English subtitles)
* Exclusive view of the FAIR construction site
* Flight over the FAIR construction site (drone video)
* Your questions
Technical requirements for participation in the videoconference
The videoconference can be followed with any internet-enabled device, e.g. a PC, a tablet or a smartphone. Please ensure that you can play sound (speakers or headphones). Camera and microphone are not required.
- PC: You can open the link to the video conference with a browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, ...). You do not need to install anything for this. You will only be asked to enter your name and an email address. Instructions on how to use Zoom can be found at support.zoom.us/hc/en.
- Smartphone/tablet: You can also open the video conference link using your mobile device. You will then be prompted to install the Zoom app, such as from the Play Store (Android devices) or the App Store (Apple devices). The app is free of charge. You will only be asked to enter your name and an email address when you dial in. Instructions for using Zoom can be found at support.zoom.us/hc/en.Questions
Questions during the event
There will be a moderated Q&A session following the presentation. If you have a question, you can submit it to the moderator using the Q&A (Questions and Answers) feature or the chat feature. The moderator will then read out your question.
- For data protection reasons, any kind of video or audio recording of the event is prohibited. There will be no recording of the event on our part either.
- Only speakers and moderators can transmit audio and video.
- We reserve the right to exclude participants from the video conference in the event of disruptions or gross misconduct.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact us by e-mail at info(at)gsi.de.
- Thursday, May 12, 2022, 4 p. m. (German)
- Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 10 a. m. (German)
- Thursday, November 4, 2021, 3 p. m. (English)
- Friday, October 29, 2021, 1 p. m. (German)
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 3 p. m. (German)
- Thursday, 1 July 2021, 2 p. m. (English)
- Thursday, 24 June 2021, 2 p. m. (German)
- Thursday, 8 April 2021, 2 p.m. (German)
- Friday, 26 March 2021, 4.00 p.m. (German)
- Tuesday, 23 February 2021, 1.00 p.m. (German)
- Thursday, 18 February 2021, 3.00 p.m. (German)
- Friday, 12 February 2021, 10.00 a.m. (German)