Informations and Services for guest scientists at GSI/FAIR
A point of contact with information for scientific guests at the GSI campus is the Welcome Office (www.gsi.de/weo).
Registering there before arrival at GSI helps preparing a number of issues in advance, and to reduce the time spent on formalities when entering the campus. This includes among others:
- Invitations for visa
- Entry permission to GSI/FAIR
Further requirements will be forwarded to the respective department on the campus during the registration process.
<< NEW >> Canteen Dinner Service for Beam Time Users
New Canteen Dinner Service!
Since March 2021 a new canteen service for beamtime users started: In addition to breakfast and lunch, which can be picked up during the regular opening hours, the canteen offers now a dinner service. You can order dishes for dinner, salads, and lunch bags. The dishes will be placed with your name tag in a special fridge located in the guest house, and can be picked up from 3 pm onwards. A microwave oven is provided. Please take care of all COVID related rules, especial in the guest house. Enjoy your dinner!
How to order and get your dinner:
- Check for available the daily dishes on: https://delightful.dussmann.com/menu/GSI/GSI
- Enter you order in this pdf form by inserting the respective price for the requested dish
- Print your order form (you can also fill it by hand)
- Submit and pay your order at canteen checkout (opening hours: Mo-Fr 7:30 am - 2 pm)
- Pick up your dish, lunch bag, or salad in the guest house (special fridge) from 3 pm on the order day
- Microwave oven is available in the guest house
Lodging at GSI/FAIR
How to reach GSI/FAIR
To find detailed descriptions how to reach GSI/FAIR by car, plane or train, please click here: How to get to GSI/FAIR.
Brochure for guest scientists
A brochure with much more detailed information for GSI/FAIR's guest scientists is available at the departments' secretaries and at the guest-office.
The PhD-Student-Wiki offers information for PhD students at GSI/FAIR.