Physicist /IT scientist (m/f/d)
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensuring each day to conduct world-class science.
The idea of the initiative European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) is to realize an European science cloud which enables universal access to research data via one single online platform. In this context GSI and FAIR are participating in the EU project ESCAPE (European Science Cluster of Astronomy & Particle physics ESFRI research infrastructures). At GSI the IT department takes over a leading role by being responsible for operations and further developments of the extensive IT infrastructure of GSI and FAIR.
For the department IT in the group Software Development for Experiments we look at the earliest possible date for a
Physicist /IT scientist (m/f/d)
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration (Jenkins based), automated testing and release management
- Build and sanity test release binaries
- Push new releases to production
- Maintain the build process to support ongoing R&D
- Maintain CI system and configuration
- Successfully completed studies (Bachelor, Master, Diploma) of Computer Science, Physics, or comparable course of studies
- Experience building with build environments, preferably C++ (preferred)
- Experience using git, github or similar systems
- Experience with Agile development environments required
- Experience with Python or similar scripting languages
- Good communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, adaptability to work with bigger large teams in a global environment
You work with love for detail and have good communication skills, high methodic and social competences and the willingness to learn additional skills. Your work style is team and solution-oriented. We provide you with an extensive on-the-job-training, offering a versatile and demanding work environment in an international research institute.
The position is initially limited to a duration of 3 years. Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
If you consider the described scope of duties as a personal challenge and are interested to work in an exceptional international, in a strong way technically stamped environment, please send your complete application documents including your idea of your idea of your salary as well as information about the earliest possible starting date while mentioning the Posting-ID at the latest until July 5th, 2019 to:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
or by email to: bewerbung(at)gsi.de