Every year the unique research facilities at GSI are used by 1000 scientists from all over the world. At FAIR even more scientists are expected. About 3000 will have the chance to use the facilities for their experiments.
To ccordinate the research activities in an effective way, there were founded several national and international networks.
- Helmholtz Institute in Jena and Mainz Helmholtz Research Academy Hesse for FAIR – HFHF
- Helmholtz Allianz „Cosmic Matter in the Laboratory” – Extreme Matter Institute, EMMI
- Helmholtz Virtual Instituts
- Helmholtz-Young Investigators Groups
- Helmholtz Graduate School for Hadron and Ion Research (HGS-HIRe for FAIR)