Welcome to the Multi Branch System (MBS)
The MBS is the standard Data Acquisition System at GSI and at many foreign laboratories
<< NEW RELEASE MBS 6.3 (November 2017) >>
This new production release contains all improvement since 2013.
Select any of the installed versions by command "mbslogin version"
Current production version: V6.3
activate at gsi with "prod", "mbslogin prod" or "mbslogin v63"
Current development version: V6.4
activate at gsi with "deve", "mbslogin deve" or "mbslogin v64"
Current "old" version: V6.2
activate at gsi with "old", "mbslogin old" or "mbslogin v62"
- Entirely written in C
- Scalable from single crate to hierarchical multi-processor topolgies
- Based on Linux (Debian, Sugarhat, IPV) (v.2.6) from MBS version V6.1 onwards
- Based on Real-time system LynxOS (v2.5, 3.1, 4.0)
- Supports VME, VXI, FASTBUS, CAMAC, PCI Express standards
- GSI Trigger Module required (TRIVA, TRIXOR)
- Supports PPC VME processor boards (RIO2, RIO3, RIO4)
- Supports Freescale PowerPC P2020 (IPV 1102)
- Supports M68k processor boards (VME: E7, CAMAC: CVC)
- Supports standard and industrial PCs (x86, x86_64)
- Memory mapped data flow via VME and VSB
- Message oriented data flow via TCP/IP sockets (up to 10Gbit)
- Data logging to local disks, NFS disks, tape drives (DLT8000) and Remote File Input Output (RFIO) system
- Direct data logging to Automatic Tape Library at GSI (RFIO or LTSM)
- Full control with Command Interface from one terminal
- Optionally full control via DABC HTTP server and Web GUI
- Online monitoring output channels to GO4, ROOT, DABC
- Event library for custom analysis systems for MBS listmode data files and all MBS monitoring output channels
- Utilizes full performance of all hardware devices