In addition to the operation of the existing SIS18 and ESR cavities, the ring RF group is working on numerous development projects. Some of these projects are listed in the following.
Operation of Ring-RF-Systems
The operation of the RF systems requires continuous maintenance work, repair in case of failures, and stand-by service personnel that quickly resolves problems during standard operation.
The current status of the RF systems is available on our online monitoring page.
- Cavity systems for the SIS100 (Acceleration, Bunch Compression, K.O.- Extraction, and Barrier Bucket)
- Cavity systems for the CR
- Digital RF Control
- Bunch Phase Timing System BuTiS
- SIS18 h=2 cavity for dual-harmonic operation
- Longitudinal Feedback System
- Fast semiconductor gap switches to temporarily short-circuit the ceramic gaps of RF cavities