Room: SE 1.173
Isabel De Caluwé (Secretary)
Tasks with CMD - Configuration Management & Documentation
The group CMD Configuration Management & Documentation addresses the monitoring of the configuration between the accelerator machine and FAIR building. Hereby PMO Configuration Management & Documentation fulfills an essential interface business.
CDB and Interface Management
- Development, installation and operation of a component data base (CDB) is done by CMD Configuration Management & Documentation. The CDB provides quality assured data from all relevant accelerator components and their requirements for the technical building equipment, for their supply and for the FAIR buildings concerning the installation in rooms from the FAIR building space plan. The quantity structures of the requirements are evaluated in specific reports (list of performance data, cable status, etc.) The FAIR users are provided with a "CID Number Generator" for the assignment of CIDs ("Component Identification Number") to the components for the purpose of logistics and asset management. Moreover the database is the hub for maintaining the technical requirements for each machine (e. g. machine and beam parameters).The collection and structuring of this data supports change processes (e. g. Engineering Change Requests - ECR) and workflows within the Configuration Management. The CDB will deliver essential information for the control system.
- The CDB can internally be accessed via http://cdb.acc.gsi.de, from outside via https://www-oracle.gsi.de/pls/cdb. All employees of FAIR@GSI and FAIR GmbH with a GSI Weblogin Account have automatically received read-only rights. A log-in can be done via GSI Weblogin Account (also used for project time recording (PROZ) or safety instructions). Other persons involved in the FAIR project who need access to the CDB may contact cdb-service(at)gsi.de.
DMS and Documentation
It supervises operationally:
- The administration and accessibility of the entire technical documentation in the context of release and ECR workflows as well as for final storage of relevant documentation in designated document management systems
- Issuing and administration of user authorizations within the framework of the document management
- CDB-suported issuing of Nomenclature of Documents according to:
- Work Instruction "Document Types and Naming Convention. F-AA-CMD-de-0001“. EDMS ID 1884177
- Work Instruction "Number Generator for Naming of Documents. F-AA-CMD-en-0002“. EDMS ID 2248931