HowTo Register (online registration - processing time about 2 weeks)
As a guest, you will have to register, before coming to GSI/FAIR.
Before filling the form, contact the hosting department (secretaries) to make sure the given details are in line.
Duration of maximum 5 years.
Please start registration (<- LINK TO FORM) at least 2 weeks before coming to GSI.
Complete the electronic registration form (moving to the next field by "tab" or "arrow key) and upload scans of:
- your ID and
- a signed GSI / FAIR Home Institution Declaration (see upload center on the right) or a GSI / FAIR Self Declaration in case you are a student, scholar or receiving a pension a GSI / FAIR.
- The Home Institution Declaration (HID) must be completed and signed by an authorized representative of the person's home institution. More information: HowTo HID
- The hosting department (secretaries) do know if you need the GSI or FAIR Home Institution or Self Declaration.
- In case you can neither provide a GSI Home Institution Declaration nor a Self Declaration, please contact the Welcome Office.
- Only in case you need an invitation for Visa, fill and upload the form with extra information (which you can download from the registration form directly)
What happens next
After you have filled and submitted your online registration:
- You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your pre-registration with a ticket number. Please keep this number until your pre-registration is finalized. You will need it In case questions occur.
- The "local contact person" will check, complete and confirm (or deny) registration.
Information for the "local contact person".
- The Welcome Office will check and approve (or deny) registration.
- You will receive an email about the status and next steps, inlcuding:
- partly filled GSI / FAIR guest agreement to complete
- GSI UserID (except if you already have one), password in separate mail
- link to (stay < 3 months) or information about meetings on (stay > 3 months) Data Protection.
- link to our General Safety Instructions
Due to technical issues, access to this system is currently only possible being on campus (virtually or in real).
In urgent cases we can organize access for the IP address of other institutes.
Please inform us if that is needed.
- Please return the completed and signed scan of the guest agreement to the Welcome Office with the necessary attachments as described in the agreement (like visa, health insurances for those from institutes outer Europe)
- We will inform you and your Local Contact Person when we have countersigned your agreement and have prepared your access card.
- To enter GSI's campus you need to identify yourself at the GATE, where you will receive your GSI / FAIR Access Card.
- Please inform your local contact person when you will arrive at GSI / FAIR.
In case changes occur please send an email to welcome-office(at)gsi.de. (e.g. change of institute, extension, or update on documents).
More information on the documents
The Home Institution Declaration (HID) must be completed and signed by an authorized representative of the person's home institution.
You will receive your GSI or FAIR Guest Agreement via the registration system..
Change or Update
If you need to change/update an existing registration please send an email with the relevant information to: welcome-office(at)gsi.de
- Extending stay: new Home Institution Declaration, resign the updated pre-filled Guest Agreement, which you will receive from us. No need to register again
- New Local Contact Person: Email is enough, please inlclude former and new Local Contact Person
- New Home Institution: Please provide new Home Institution Declaration