Biophysics & Radio-Biology Program Advisory Committee (Bio-PAC)
GSI has established a Biophysics & Radio-Biology Program Advisory Committee (Bio-PAC) that evaluates experiment proposals submitted to GSI in the areas of biophysics, radiobiology, and radiotherapy. The Bio-PAC members give advice to the GSI directorate on selecting experiment proposals that are submitted by individual users or user groups. Following periodic calls for proposals, the Bio-PAC meets two in two years. The Bio-PAC evaluates the experiment proposals on the basis of scientific merit and technical feasibility, and makes recommendations on the ammount of beam time to be allotted.
Next Bio-PAC Meeting
Date of the next Bio-PAC Meeting: 22 - 23 June 2020
Though this year's G-PAC meeting has been shifted from June to August due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Bio-PAC meeting will take place as videomeeting in June as planned.
Call for Proposals and Proposal Submission
Call for Proposals: open now, please visit theG-PAC webpage regarding all necessary information.
Please select "Bio-PAC" in the webform for Proposal submission.
The deadline of the 'Call' is 30 April 2020.
Note: Though the deadline for submission of beamtime proposals to G-PAC has been postponed to June, deadline for proposals for Bio-PAC remains on 30 April 2020!
Please note that since 2019 GSI provides access to its facilities under INSPIRE (Infrastructure in Proton International Research); a contract within the framework of TNA (EU/Horizon2020 Integrating Activities). Please find more information here.
Database of granted beam time
For information on remaining shifts/proposals of approved experiments your local contact person can search a database of active proposals. Entries are updated at the end of each beam time block.
Members of the Bio-PAC
- Prof. Dr. Peter Dendooven
KVI-CART, University of Groningen, The Netherlands / Helsinki Institute of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Jäkel
- Prof. Vincenzo Patera, Chair Bio-PAC (Spokesperson of Biophysics Collaboration)
Sapienza University of Rome, INFN, Italy
- Dr. Yolanda Prezado (Deputy Spokesperson of Biophysics Collaboration)
Institut Curie Centre de Recherche, Centre Universitaire, Orsay, France
- Dr. Charlot Vandevoorde
NRF iThemba LABS, South Africa
Bio-PAC Scientific Secretary
Dr. Karin Füssel
Phone: +49-6159-71 1441
Fax: +49-6159-71 2991
contact by E-Mail to: K.Fuessel(at)gsi.de
Information for users of the GSI biophysical research facility
Recent Bio-PAC Meetings
- Bio-PAC07, September 19/20, 2017: Documents of the meeting (for Bio-PAC members only)
- Bio-PAC06 (ESA-Proposals), February 21/22, 2011: Minutes Bio-PAC06
- Bio-PAC05, June 24/25, 2010: Agenda Bio-PAC05, Minutes Bio-PAC05, List of Proposals Bio-PAC05
- Bio-PAC04 (ESA-Proposals), August 18-20, 2008: Proposals (40 MB), Minutes Bio-PAC04 (incl. AO-08-IBER), Overview granted ESA proposals / GSI contact persons
- Bio-PAC03, May 8/9, 2008: Agenda Bio-PAC03, Minutes Bio-PAC03, Overview Proposals Bio-PAC03
- Bio-PAC September (14)/15/16, 2005: Minutes Bio-PAC 2005, Proposals Radiation Physics & Therapy, Proposals Radiobiology
General Data Protection Regulation GDPR (according to Art. 13 and 14 DSGVO): Staff Management Board GDPR english