Biophysics & Radio-Biology Program Advisory Committee (Bio-PAC)
GSI has established a Biophysics & Radio-Biology Program Advisory Committee (Bio-PAC) that evaluates experiment proposals submitted to GSI in the areas of biophysics, radiobiology, and radiotherapy. The Bio-PAC members give advice to the GSI directorate on selecting experiment proposals that are submitted by individual users or user groups. Following periodic calls for proposals, the Bio-PAC meets two in two years. The Bio-PAC evaluates the experiment proposals on the basis of scientific merit and technical feasibility, and makes recommendations on the ammount of beam time to be allotted.
Database of granted beam time
For information on remaining shifts/proposals of approved experiments your local contact person can search a database of active proposals. Entries are updated at the end of each beam time block.
Members of the Bio-PAC
- Prof. Dr. Peter Dendooven
KVI-CART, University of Groningen, The Netherlands / Helsinki Institute of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Jäkel
DKFZ / HIT, Germany
- Prof. Vincenzo Patera, Chair Bio-PAC (Spokesperson of Biophysics Collaboration)
Sapienza University of Rome, INFN, Italy
- Dr. Yolanda Prezado (Deputy Spokesperson of Biophysics Collaboration)
Institut Curie Centre de Recherche, Centre Universitaire, Orsay, France
- Dr. Charlot Vandevoorde
NRF iThemba LABS, South Africa
Bio-PAC Scientific Secretary
Dr. Karin Füssel
Phone: +49-6159-71 1441
Fax: +49-6159-71 2991
contact by E-Mail to: K.Fuessel(at)gsi.de
Call for Proposals
Next Call for Proposals: to be announced
Proposals can then be submitted electronically, via a web form (link: to be announced).
'Call for Proposals' are published through the users' mailinglist. For registering to this mailinglist please see the Users Webpage.
Next Bio-PAC Meeting
Date of the next Bio-PAC09 Meeting: to be announced
Information for users of the GSI biophysical research facility
Please note that since 2019 GSI provides access to its facilities under INSPIRE (Infrastructure in Proton International Research); a contract within the framework of TNA (EU/Horizon2020 Integrating Activities). Please find more information here.
Recent Bio-PAC Meetings
- Bio-PAC08, June 22/23, 2020: Documents of the meeting (for Bio-PAC members only); Agenda Bio-PAC08
- Bio-PAC07, September 19/20, 2017
- Bio-PAC06 (ESA-Proposals), February 21/22, 2011
- Bio-PAC05, June 24/25, 2010: Agenda Bio-PAC05
- Bio-PAC04 (ESA-Proposals), August 18-20, 2008 (incl. AO-08-IBER)
- Bio-PAC03, May 8/9, 2008: Agenda Bio-PAC03
- Bio-PAC September (14)/15/16, 2005