IT's User Guides, Forms and Additional Information
- Informations and docus for using Apple devices, hints for device procurement
- CATIA @ GSI is maintained by the staff of the Central Engineering
- Installation of the GSI Security Certificates for e-mail
- Run physics simulation and experiment data analysis on GSI's High-Performance-Cluster (HPC)
- GSI's PostgreSQL-Wiki
DOXiS4: The following information is only available inside GSI
- Instructions ans information on: electronic management decision proposal, risk management, contract management, session and committee management, granting permissions, winCube installation, a general user guide.
- Instructions how to configure the wireless access on Windows, Linux, Blackberry or Samsung Galaxy
- Information on e-mail you will find under Mail
Event Client-Server System:
- Informationenabouttheremoteeventserver and theclientserverfor onlinedataanalysisofexperimentaldata
Exeriment Data Storage:
- Informationen on the topics ofmassstorageforexperimentdata, event client/serverpackages andconversion toROOT
- FairRoot: simulation and analysis framework, developed at the GSI/IT
- Send your feedback via web form to the IT.
File synchronization and sharing Seafile
- Service for synchronizing and file sharing with functions for team work and a data storage in the GSI Computing Center.
Here is a compilation of all Webanträge and forms for the following IT topics:
- User accounts
- GSI business application
- Hardware and software order
- Registration of a network device (IP address)
- Inclusion in the telephone directory, informed consent for worldwide exposure on the Web telephone directory
- Firewall application
- Apply for an IP address
IT Rules: The following information is only available inside GSI
- IT rules and regulations: guidelines IT use, password & account rules
- The IT-Werkstatt provides services as new installations and repairs such as exchange of power supplies, hard drives, RAM etc. on desktops, notebooks and tablets and technical support on Apple hardware such as MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac mini and iPad
KeePass/KeePassX: Password management program
- Informations about LabView
- LaTeX at GSI
- Linux help is available on our IT pages or in our Linux Wiki.
- For information about your personal storage space under Linux see home directory.
- To learn how you can access GSI's diverse pool and individual machines you can read pool machines and remote access.
- If you want to access Linux storage from a Windows machine you can use GSI's Samba service.
- If you want to install Python or Python modules please have a look at Python.
- A description for electronic logbooks can be found here.
- Information and methods to access GSI's distributed filesystem can be found under Lustre.
Mail: The following information is only available inside GSI
- Configuration: Outlook , Thunderbird
- Email signature: official GSI e-mail signatur
- Configuration: Linux e-mail programs
- Listserv / mailing lists: Elektronic mailing lists
- Web Access: Access your e-mails at GSI from outside with each browser (only with mailboxes on the Exchange e-mail server); Access via https://email.gsi.de
- Change password via web interface
- Configure Thunderbird using Windows
- Configure Thunderbird using Linux
Multifunction copiers: The following information is only available inside GSI
- How to use the Konica-Minolta copiers
- WLAN: Eduroam/DFN access at GSI, WLAN guest accounts, VPN/Web
- IP Address: Request an IP address for the GSI network
- Portsecurity: Port security at the GSI network
- Twisted Pair connection: How do you apply for and cancel a Twisted Pair Ethernet connection
- Firewall: Firewall application
- Howto order network components
- In case of a breakdown of computing components which are vital for experimental operating, the IT department provides on call support for the central computing systems
Ordering IT Equipment: The following information is only available inside GSI
- Informationen and forms for ordering IT hardware (standard PCs, notebooks, monitors, printers and peripherals, network equipment) and software
- data analysis software with a graphical representation
Outlook e-mail client:
- Configure Outlook
Password: The following information is only available inside GSI
- change password, rules for safe password handling
- Information & forms: phone, conference call, phone book entry & the telephone system
- GSI's PostgreSQL-Wiki
- Portsecurity in the GSI network
Printer: The following information is only available inside GSI
- How to purchase a printer
- Howto use a Konica-Minolta multifunction copier
- Print from the guest network with Apple and Windows
- Printing confidential documents
- Base-IT supports all projects that require access to their resources (German only)
- Installation & configuration guides for the SSH clients WinSCP & PuTTY
- Accessibility of GSI resources from outside the GSI network.
- How to use Samba Samba to exchange files between Windows and Linux
- SAP guide
- The IT class room SB3 1.239a is located behind the Benutzerraum 1.239
- Informationen and forms for ordering software
- Windows Software Center for installation of specific software without admin rights (see top 5)
- A list of all available software (with search function) can be found under Software Update Service
Software Update Service:
- Information about the Windows software update service
- Guides and further information about the SSH clients WinSCP, PuTTY & SSH
- Information about GSI Standard PC
- Information about GSI Standard Notebooks
- TeamViewer - Remote Control and Remote Support
- Power and network connections, Windows & Linux PCs, scanners and printers are available in the IT terminal room
- Information about the test mode of electronic time recording. The web interface can be accessed via the following link: srvzbsprod.gsi.de.
Thunderbird e-mail client:
- Thunderbird configuration: Windows, Linux.
- Include calendars of Meeting rooms (German only)
Tips & tricks for Windows/Office:
- A sample of useful tricks and tips about Windows and Office: Wiki (German only)
- Procedures in case of IT related trouble, even outside the opening times, can be found in this guide.
Trouble Ticket System: The following information is only available inside GSI or via web login
- The IT Trouble Ticket Systems handles incidents, questions or requests from our IT users
- Backup & archive with TSM
Twisted pair connection:
- Request or remove a twisted pair connection
- Our Typo3 documentation. This information is only available inside GSI
- Access via browser to an Exchange mailbox at GSI (https://email.gsi.de), see also Outlook Web Access
- A collection of guides which might be useful for Windows user:
- Manage members of Active Directory groups
- First Login to a Windows 10 PC
- Software Center - Software Installation (se top 5)
- Connect network drive and printer
- Infos for Applocker
- Citrix Client - new farm xats01.gsi.de
- GSI certificates
- MS Office
- Change Windows password via web interface
- Infos about Windows profiles
- TeamViewer - Remote Control and Remote Support
- Windows' software update service, list of available software wich search
- Windows/Office tips & tricks
- X-Win 32 or X2Go
- Guides: SSH clients WinSCP, PuTTY & SSH
- Configure your eduroam/DFN access at GSI and WLAN guest account; information how to obtain a WLAN conference account
X-Win 32 or X2Go:
- X-Win 32 allows you to access a linux host from your windows pc.
- X2Go is an Open Source Software and allows you to access a linux host from your windows pc.