Postdoctoral Researcher (all genders), Materials Research Department
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world’s largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensure each day to conduct world-class science.
The Materials Research Department seeks an outstanding candidate as soon as possible for the position
Postdoctoral Researcher (all genders)
- development of tailored membranes and nanochannels
- characterization and functionalization of nanostructures
- active participation in ongoing research projects and collaborations
- support for internal and external users
- participation in swift heavy ion irradiation experiments
- dissemination and publication of obtained results
- co-supervision of undergraduate and graduate students.
- above-average university degree and Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry, or Materials Science
- strong research background
- experimental experience with polymer membranes and/or nanochannel research
- good command of English (spoken and written)
- excellent communication and team skills.
Knowledge is expected in some of the following areas:
- materials science and nanotechnology
- fabrication and characterization of nanostructures
- electrochemical measurements
- surface modification techniques
- experiments at large scale research facilities
We offer a fixed-term 2-year postdoc position in an international environment. The salary is based on the German civil service employees (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst - TVöD (Bund)).
GSI supports the professional development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Severely handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications with curriculum vitae, list of publications, brief statement on research experience and interests, as well as the names and contact details of at least two references that are willing to provide letters of recommendation and the Posting-ID21.113-1600 by 29th October 2021 by email to bewerbung(at)gsi.de
or postal delivery:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement