Electrical engineering technician (all genders), Department ‘Accelerator Control Systems’ (ACO)
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensure each day to conduct world-class science.
The department ‘Accelerator Control Systems’ (ACO) presently employs about 60 hardware and software developers and is responsible for the design and implementation of the control system of the existing and future FAIR accelerator facilities.
We are now inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Electrical engineering technician (all genders)
Posting ID: 21.74-6210
with a specialisation in "Automation Technology" or "Energy Technology and Process Automation" or comparable qualification.
The control system of the GSI/FAIR facilities has, among other functions, the task of controlling and monitoring the systems of the vacuum and cryogenic technical infrastructure of the particle accelerators and providing machine and personnel safety functions.
- Assisting with electrical design work and its review for control cabinets
- Carrying out assembly and installation tasks for prototype setups
- Independently perform FAT/SAT with suppliers of control cabinets, terminal boxes, etc.
- Execution, supervision and guidance of installation work for control cabinets
- Supervise, instruct, and perform signal testing for control systems
- Supporting the commissioning of control systems
- Perform service and maintenance tasks in the operation of control systems.
- Several years of relevant professional experience especially in assembly, installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance during the operation of machines and industrial plants
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge in the fields of electrical engineering incl. installation, control and automation technology, in particular detailed knowledge of the S7 1500 control family and the use of the associated tools (TIA Portal)
- Fast comprehension, reliability
- Ability to work independently and carefully
- Ability and personality to instruct and supervise technical support personnel, identify quality deficiencies and demand their correction
- Willingness to do business trips and work shifts during assembly and installation phases
- Willingness to flexibly, actively and independently familiarize yourself with new innovative areas of expertise
- Good organizational and planning skills for work processes and personnel placement
- Competence in the use of relevant office programs and electro technical tools (video conferencing systems, TIA portal, possibly EPLAN electric P8)
- Good knowledge of the German and English language, both written and spoken.
In addition, this position implies a high number of technical and organisational interfaces to other specialist groups, requiring good team and communication skills as well as precise and structured approach to working.
We offer a versatile and interesting position in a dynamic and well-equipped research environment in an international team of experts.
The position is initially limited to two years with the possibility of a permanent employment contract. The salary is based on the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered, when equally qualified.
If you regard the described field of activity as a personal challenge and would like to work in an exceptional, international, highly technical environment, please send your complete application documents, including your salary expectations, with details of your earliest possible starting date, quoting the posting ID 21.74-6210, by 06/08/2021 at the latest:
Preferred via the online portal on our job site
Via email to bewerbung(at)gsi.de
Or postal delivery:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement