Development Engineer (TU/FH or M.Sc / M.Eng) with focus on mechanical construction (m/f/d)
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensuring each day to conduct world-class science.
The “Mechanical Design“ is looking for a
Development Engineer (TU/FH or M.Sc / M.Eng)
with focus on mechanical construction (m/f/d)
Ref. No.: 6710-19.91
for construction of components for the planned FAIR facility.
within the temporary FAIR development and construction phase:
Development, construction and design and itemization of physical instruments for the FAIR facility.
- Identification and analysis of specifications in co-work with internal contractors
- Systematic idea generation and concept development
- Milestone documentation
- Production of required manufacturing and security-oriented documentation according to relevant rules, regulations and norms that need to be considered
- Required education: Master degree in engineering, physical engineering or similar
- Experience in construction with focus on serviceable design of mechanical components
- Good knowledge of CAD-Systems – preferably in CATIA V5
- Experience in working with relevant rules, regulations and norms (e.g. MRL, CE, etc.)
- Experience in coordination and management of construction and development tasks (preferable with external service providers).
- Project documentation experience
- Technical problem-solving competence
- Working knowledge of English
You are working detail-oriented and have distinct communication skills, a confident manner and social competence. Team work skills and solution-oriented working are mandatory criteria.
In our internationally respected research institute, you can expect an extensive familiarization program and a versatile and challenging employment in an experienced project team.
an employment contract of 5 years with high personal responsibility. Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
Please send your full application documents, including the desired salary, with information of your earliest possible starting date and the reference number above to the following address by August, 9th, 2019 to:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
or via e-mail to: bewerbung(at)gsi.de