Postdoctoral Scientist / Researcher (all genders) in Physics for Advanced Table-Top Ptychography with XUV and X-ray Light
The Helmholtz Institute Jena (HI Jena) is a joint institution of the Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena and the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research GmbH in Darmstadt. The institute is mainly focused on applied and fundamental research at the borderline of high-power lasers and particle accelerators.
For the Soft X-ray Imaging group of the institute, we are looking for a
Postdoctoral Scientist / Researcher (all genders) in Physics
for Advanced Table-Top Ptychography with XUV and X-ray Light
Posting ID: 23.57-4236
Ptychographic imaging has experienced a dramatic increase in interest during the last decade with more and more applications being demonstrated. Recent developments enable the implementation at table-top XUV and X-ray sources turning the technique into lab-based method suitable for forefront research as well and routine use.
You will advance the current state-of-the art by implementing advanced multiplexing strategies to enable multi-spectral, correlative and 3D imaging. In addition, you will explore different fields of applications ranging from materials science to biology and demonstrate the capabilities of table-top XUV and soft X-ray ptychography in proof-of-principle experiments.
- Advancing table-top XUV and X-ray Ptychography with multiplex approaches, correlative and 3D imaging
- Establishing a data work flow with high data rate and adapted reconstruction algorithms
- Proof-of-principle experiments on biological samples and complex nanomaterials.
- practical experience in coherent imaging and/or profound knowledge in phase retrieval,
- profound skills in experimental work with Lasers, XUV/soft X-ray radiation and/or advanced programming skills
- multifaceted interest in developing and establishing novel imaging techniques,
- commitment to work in an interdisciplinary team,
- excellent communication skills in English and German.
We offer a fixed-term 2-year contract embedded in Germany’s largest research foundation, with the salary and benefits based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund) effective at GSI. The position will be established in Jena.
GSI promotes the professional development of women and expressly welcomes applications from women.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
For any questions please contact Dr. Jan Rothhardt (j.rothhardt(at)hi-jena.gsi.de), Phone: +49 3641 947-818.
Please send your application together with the usual documents, stating the identification number, until 03.10.2023 to
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement