Postdoc (all genders)
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world’s largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensure each day to conduct world-class science.
We are seeking a highly motivated researcher as
Postdoc (all genders)
for a Postdoctoral position for as soon as possible.
The experimental nuclear physics institute IKP-1, originated at the Forschungszentrum in Jülich (FZJ), has established a new department at the Helmholtz center GSI in Darmstadt (GSI-FFN) with an academic chair at the University of Bochum (RUB). The selected candidate (all genders) will participate in the experimental field of (strange) baryon spectroscopy and embedded within international collaborations (PANDA, HADES, KL@GlueX) developing and operating state-of-the-art experimental equipment and data analysis tools.
The candidate (all genders) will be based at GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt. This institute operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research), one of the world’s largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation.
- be involved in the operation of ongoing experiments with HADES at GSI and in the analysis of harvest data in the context of the baryon spectroscopy program
- lead the development of high-level analysis tools to extract physics observables of interest with possible spin-off applications towards future experiments at JLAB and FAIR depending on the interest of the person.
- a PhD in the field of experimental nuclear, hadron, or particle physics
- experience in the operation of detectors in large-scale experiments
- proficiency in coding/software developments (C/C++, Python) and in large-scale data analysis
- outstanding analytic skills
- excellent communication skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- is available for the (co)supervision of graduate students
- is proficient at organizing and writing scientific documents describing the work.
We offer a position which is limited to a duration of 2 years in an international environment. The salary is based on the German civil service employees (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst - TVöD (Bund)).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Severely handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
Interested candidates can send their application, including a CV, statement of interest, and a list of three references with the Posting-ID21.121-4403 by 05th November 2021 by email tobewerbung(at)gsi.de
or postal delivery:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement