[Translate to English:] Terminplaner Maschineninstallation (w/m/d)
We are building the international accelerator Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research FAIR, one of the largest research projects worldwide, next to the facility of GSI Helmholtzzentrum for Heavy Ion Research, whose existing accelerators serve as injectors. The FAIR GmbH, an international company owned by Germany and nine partner countries from Europe and Asia is responsible for the project realization. At FAIR, an unprecedented variety of experiments will be possible. Scientists from all over the world will be able to gain new insights into the structure of matter and the evolution of the universe from the Big Bang to the present.
The division ‘FAIR Site Management (SMG) / Machine Installation’ is looking for a:
Schedule Manager for Machine Installation / Commissioning (f/m/d)
This challenging and accountable position comprises constructive cooperation in a multi-disciplinary project team during structural realization and commissioning of the FAIR project. The team site and buildings (FSB) and site management (SMG) take implementation responsibility over 1 Billion Euros project budget towards the shareholders and more than 1000 researchers within the FAIR scientific community.
Your Scope of Responsibility:
- Responsible for the development and compilation of all MS-Projects-Plans for the Installation and Commissioning Phases of the Accelerator and Experiment Subprojects.
- Managing the MS Project plans for the installation and commissioning (Area of Responsibility) of the FAIR Project accelerator facility with regard to schedule dates, resources and finances.
- Steering the development of the required planning and reporting tools, including the independent use of these for the supervision and steering of the installation and commissioning phases.
- Organization and moderation of project workshops and meetings concerning project planning of the installation and commissioning phases.
- Cooperation with PMO Planning in compiling project reports on project structure, planning, status and steering.
- Support PMO Planning in project planning quality management for a continuous optimization of the Projects.
- Develop and maintain documentation, e.g. operating processes.
- Degree in engineering or natural sciences (Bachelor/Master/Diploma), alternatively an economic-, energy systems engineering, or comparable qualification.
- Minimum of three years of postgraduate experience in schedule planning and control, of large interdisciplinary and complex projects.
- Affinity for complex technical matters.
- Knowledge of project management standard methods and tools, PM certification is an advantage.
- Proficient in German, as well as a good command of English, written and spoken.
- A profound knowledge of MS Project and MS Excel is a prerequisite, VBA knowledge is an advantage.
- Enjoy complex and dynamic tasks in a team.
- Possess attention to detail, communication skills, a confident demeanor and social competence.
- Ability to work in a team and solution-oriented working style is a prerequisite.
We expect you to adapt and foster our internal project culture and to become part of the FAIR project team, cultivating a target- and solution-oriented style of working. We furthermore expect you to communicate and network on a professional level as well as showing a high degree of motivation and understanding for our customers in the scientific community.
The position is limited to 5 years. The salary follows the applicable FAIR collective agreement TVöD (federal government).
FAIR supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
For further information please contact Dr. Harald Hagelskamp – FAIR Site Manager via telephone: +49(0)6159/71-2996 or email: partner_harald.hagelskamp(at)fair-center.eu. Please do consider as well our websites www.gsi.de and www.fair-center.eu.
Please send your complete application including the usual documents, your salary expectation and the above posting reference by August 9th, 2019:
Preferred channel is the online portal on our website,
also possible via email to: bewerbung(at)gsi.de
or postal delivery:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH