Internal Auditor (all genders), Staff Office Internal Audit & Compliance FAIR GmbH
The international accelerator center FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research), one of the largest research projects worldwide, is currently being built in Darmstadt. FAIR is under construction at the existing research center GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung. At FAIR, matter that usually only exists in the depth of space will be produced and studied in the laboratory, in order to gain new insights into the evolution of the universe and the structure of matter. FAIR offers the opportunity to work in this international environment with a team that is dedicated to doing world-class science every day.
For the staff officeInternal Audit & Compliance FAIR GmbH we are looking for an
Internal Auditor (all genders)
Posting ID: 21.103-779240
as soon as possible.
Internal audit provides independent and objective auditing and advisory services designed to add value and improve business processes. It supports the public research organization in achieving its objectives by assessing and helping to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, leadership and monitoring processes through a systematic and targeted approach.
Your responsibilities include:
- Complete fulfillment of all tasks as defined by the audit manual following DIIR e.V. (Deutsches Institut für Interne Revision) and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standard. I.e. mainly:
- Audit activities including the monitoring of the timely rectification of any shortcomings as given in annual planning as signed by Head of Internal Audit and Administrative Managing Director
- Reporting in standardized form and high linguistic and content quality, based on working papers developed by the auditor
- Heading audit kick-offs and final meetings with representatives of audited organizational units
- Consulting organizational units e. g. concerning adequacy of their internal control systems
- Creating the draft of risk oriented planning for “following year(s)”
- Compiling the draft of the “annual activity” report for external auditors
- Continuous optimization contributions for internal quality assurance.
The successful candidate should:
- hold a degree (University Diploma or Master, Bachelor) or have comparable competencies
- have auditing skills and preferably appropriate professional experience
- ideally have skills relevant for public service terms in general and e. g. in procurement law
- high level of integrity and commitment, stable system of values, systematic approach as well as the intention and ability to document findings transparently and objectively
- have the analytical ability to reason and the ability of transfer thinking in order to pervade, evaluate and concisely describe complex matters as well as consider within efficiency categories
- have the ability and willingness to communicate openly and constructively
- have the willingness to learn, work within a team and intercultural competency combined with critical faculties
- very good language skills of written and spoken English and German language
- high level skills of MS-Office tools and SAP.
We offer an interesting position in an internationally renowned research institute. The position is initially limited to two years with the possibility of a permanent employment contract. The salary is based on the German civil service employees (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst - TVöD (Bund)).
For more information about FAIR and GSI, please visit www.gsi.de and www.fair-center.eu.
FAIR promotes the professional development of women and welcomes women who feel particularly addressed by the advertisement.
Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
Please send your application with the usual documents, including your salary expectations, preferred via the online portal on our job site by quoting the Posting-ID: 21.103-779240, until 08/10/2021 or:
Via email to bewerbung(at)gsi.de
Or postal delivery:
c/o GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement