Internal Auditor (all genders)
The international accelerator center FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research), one of the largest research projects worldwide, is currently being built in Darmstadt. FAIR is under construction at the existing research center GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung. At FAIR, matter that usually only exists in the depth of space will be produced and studied in the laboratory, in order to gain new insights into the evolution of the universe and the structure of matter. FAIR offers the opportunity to work in this international environment with a team that is dedicated to doing world-class science every day.
For the staff officeInternal Audit & Compliance FAIR GmbH we are looking for an
Internal Auditor (all genders)
Posting ID: 22.111-779240
as soon as possible.
In order to secure earmarked grants of national and international shareholders as well as the EU fully for science, construction, future detectors and accelerators, internal audit provides independent and objective auditing and advisory services. These add value and improve business processes. Internal audit and Compliance supports the publicly funded research organization in achieving its objectives by systematically assessing and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, leadership and monitoring processes through a systematic and targeted approach.
Internal audit supports the Management Board in its control, steering and governance role.
Your primary activities will be:
- responsibility for planning, preparing, coordinating and conducting of system audits and compliance-, financial- and management-audits as well as operational audits
- updating the Audit-Universe and providing valuable input to the risk based audit-planning process (annual and multiyear), audit execution including the preparation of audit work papers and drafting the audit report
- taking responsibilities in fraud-detection and anti-corruption measures
- applying the respective regulations and specific legislation within each audit (e.g. Public Sector Legislation, EU Procurement Legislation, Labour Law and IT Law)
- sharing your experience and expertise to help further developing our risk based auditing concept and methodology as well as continuous development of our audit-tools
- providing support for strategic projects.
We are looking forward to our new colleague in our team:
- holding a degree (University Diploma or post doc, PhD) adequate to the tasks
- with strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to pervade, evaluate and concisely describe complex matters as well as considering within efficiency categories
- with intellectual curiosity, quick comprehension and dedication to work in a scientific environment
- preferably providing experience in audit as well as in Public Service industry and legal background e.g. procurement law
- with high integrity, reliability, stable code of values, working systematically and willed as well as abled to validate statements objectively and transparently
- a willingness for continuous learning and demonstrating team working capabilities and intercultural competency as well as an open mind for accepting criticism facilitating professional development
- excellent communication and language skills of written and spoken English and German language in order to communicate effectively on all levels within the organizations of FAIR and GSI
- high level skills of MS-Office tools and preferably SAP.
- an interesting and diversified position in an internationally reputable research institute
- a wide range of offerings on training and development
- a diverse range of offerings on health and sport activities
- a future proof , permanent employment within an attractive environment
- flexible working time arrangements, 30 days vacation per annum and additional operational time off
- the possibility to work partially from home office
FAIR promotes the professional development of women and welcomes women who feel particularly addressed by this advertisement.
Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
Please send your application with the usual documents, including your salary expectations, preferred via the online portal on our job site by quoting the Posting-ID: 22.111-779240, until 08/02/2023 or preferably via the online portal on our website, via email to:
c/o GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement