Technician or Engineer (all genders), Division “Experiment Electronics”
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensuring each day to conduct world-class science.
For our division “Experiment Electronics”, we are looking for a
Technician or Engineer (all genders)
- Creation of test concepts, setup and operation of test systems to qualify the modules manufactured in the Experimental Electronics department; this requires a close cooperation with the developers of the department
- Script programming, e.g. to control test stands and high-end signal generators
- Quality assurance of the manufactured modules, e.g. programming of an automated optical inspection (AOI) system and other equipment (e.g. laser cutting system)
- Instruction and work organization of student assistants
- Cooperation in technology selection and procurement of state-of-the-art PCBs
- Collaboration in repairs of electronic modules by means of computer-aided rework-systems
- Qualification as an engineer or technician
- Very good knowledge in the field of programming and scripting
- Experience with machine-based (and manual) soldering (e.g. rework systems)
- Very good knowledge of analog and digital electronics is desired with a focus on signal generators and measurement devices
- Willingness and ability to work individually as well as in a team on projects
- A good knowledge of written and spoken German and English is an advantage.
We offer permanent employment contract. Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Severely handicapped persons will be preferentially considered, if equally qualified and suited for work at the test benches.
If you consider this position as challenging and you would like working in an exceptional, international, strongly technical environment, please send your full application documents, including the motivation letter, desired salary, your earliest possible start date and the reference number (21.82-6220) by 24.09.2021 at the latest to:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement