Development Engineer (all genders) with focus on mechanical construction
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensure each day to conduct world-class science.
The ‘Mechanical Design’ is looking for a
Development Engineer(all genders)
with focus on mechanical construction
Posting ID: 21.65-6710
for the construction of components for the FAIR facility.
- Development, design, layout and detailing of complex physical instruments for the FAIR facility. This includes:
- Identification and analysis of requirements together with the internal contractors
- Systematic generation of ideas and concept development
- Documentation of development steps
- Production of required manufacturing and safety documentation in accordance with the applicable regulations, directives and standards.
- Master degree in engineering, physical engineering or comparable
- Experience in the field of design, in particular the functional and production-oriented design of mechanical components / assemblies
- Good knowledge of CAD-Systems, preferably in CATIA V5
- Experience in the application of relevant directives, standards and regulations (e.g. MRL, CE, etc.)
- Experience in the coordination and management of design and development tasks (preferable with external service providers)
- Experience in the production of the required project documentation
- Technical problem solving competence
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Detail orientation, distinct communication skills, a confident manner and social competence
- Teamwork skills and solution-oriented working are mandatory criteria.
In our internationally respected research institute, you can expect an extensive familiarization program and a versatile and challenging employment in an experienced project team.
We offer a permanent employment contract. Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered, when equally qualified.
If you regard the described field of activity as a personal challenge, please send your complete application documents, including your salary expectations, with details of your earliest possible starting date, quoting the posting ID 21.65-6710, by 09/07/2021 at the latest:
Preferred via the online portal on our job site,
via email to bewerbung(at)gsi.de
or postal delivery:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement