Engineer (all genders) specialized in high-voltage engineering or pulsed-power technology
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this
international environment with a team of employees committed to ensure each day to conduct world-class science.
The department Ring HV (RHV) is looking for an
Engineer (all genders)
specialized in high-voltage engineering or pulsed-power technology
Reference No. 22.84-6310
as soon as possible for cooperation in the development of different components for the future FAIR accelerator complex as well as improvement and maintenance of existing systems.
- Further development and maintenance of existing accelerator facilities
- Planning, construction and commissioning of new components
- Communication with the companies building the components
- Supervision of procurements of components for FAIR
- Development and specification of power pulse systems (“pulsed power systems"), in particular for injection and extraction devices
- Participation in the planning of the installation work of the future system
- Trial and testing of high-voltage components
- Participation in on-call duty for the machines during operation
- Taking charge of safety-related responsibilities of devices.
- Degree in electrical engineering or physics (Dipl. (FH) or B.Sc./B.Eng.) or similar
- Experience in the field of "Pulsed Power" and high-voltage technology
- Ideally: Experience with simulation tools, e.g. ANSYS
- Ideally: Experience in the processing/manufacturing of metal and plastic components
- Capacity for teamwork, communication skills, flexibility
- Very good knowledge of German and good knowledge of English language.
At our internationally renowned research institute, you will, once fully familiarized with the job, perform diverse and challenging work within an experienced team of engineers and physicists.
The position is permanent. The salary is based on the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered, when equally qualified.
If you find this position interesting and challenging and would like to work in an exceptional, international, strongly technical environment, please send your full application documents, including the desired salary and information on your earliest possible starting date, indicating the reference number 22.84-6310 and by 14.10.2022 to
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement