Civil Engineer Site Logistics FAIR (d/f/m), Division ‘FAIR Site Management’
We are building the international accelerator Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research FAIR, one of the largest research projects worldwide, next to the facility of GSI Helmholtzzentrum for Heavy Ion Research, whose existing accelerators serve as injectors. The FAIR GmbH, an international company owned by Germany and nine partner countries from Europe and Asia is responsible for the project realization. At FAIR, an unprecedented variety of experiments will be possible. Scientists from all over the world will be able to gain new insights into the structure of matter and the evolution of the universe from the Big Bang to the present.
The division ‘FAIR Site Management’ is looking for a
Civil Engineer Site Logistics FAIR (d/f/m)
Posting ID: 21.32-773200
as soon as possible.
The demanding and responsible task is the coordination of activities of site logistics, safety and health on FAIR site.
- Coordination of the planning procedures for transport and installation created by the provider of the Technical Building Equipment (TBE) in regards to the accesability and transport routes to and within the buildings
- Coordination of the interfaces beetwen TBE installations and accelerator equipment mounting according the overall installation plan
- Coordination and supervising of site logistics interfaces in regards to:
- avaliabilty of transport and lifting equipment
- the set-up of the fire protection measures during the construction period
- avaliabilty of site resources (electricity, water, air, ventilation)
- avaliability of scaffoldings and other auxiliries equipment
- supervision and protection of the installed accelerator components against damage by a third party
- OSH Professional (Occupational Safety and Health)
- Participation in the logistical work preparation of the accelerator equipment mounting in the phase before the start of the mounting, including supervision of:
- storage of the accelerator components in interim storages
- periodical maintenance of the components in interim storage facilities
- logistic operations of machine components from interim storages to installation sites
- Coordination of logistical operations and job safety issues on site during the accelerator installation in phase one and two of the installation time windows.
- Graduated civil engineer (BSc/MSc) and additional qualification as OSH specialist
- Accredited expertise on field of construction law, contractual issues, fire protection, building pollutants and quality management are desirable
- Several years of experience in large construction projects
- Fluent German and English language skills
- Tool- ad IT competence in software Office, MS-Project, PKM desirable
- Personal abilities required: open-mindedness, resilience, trouble shooting, self-confident manner especially by external contract partners.
A position for initially five project years. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD (Federal Government) valid at FAIR.
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered, when equally qualified.
For further information, please contact our Dr. Harmut Reich (H.Reich(at)gsi.de)
If you regard the described field of activity as a personal challenge and are interested in working in an exceptional international, highly technical environment, please send your complete application documents, including your salary expectations, with details of your earliest possible starting date, quoting the posting ID 21.32-773200, by 23/04/2021 at the latest:
Preferred via the online portal on our job site,
via email to bewerbung(at)gsi.de
Or postal delivery:
c/o GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement