Site Controller (all genders)
The international accelerator center FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research), one of the largest research projects worldwide, is currently being built in Darmstadt. FAIR is under construction at the existing research center GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung. At FAIR, matter that usually only exists in the depth of space will be produced and studied in the laboratory, in order to gain new insights into the evolution of the universe and the structure of matter. FAIR offers the opportunity to work in this international environment with a team that is dedicated to doing world-class science every day.
For the department FAIR Site & Buildings (FSB) we are looking for an
Site Controller (all genders)
Posting ID: 22.53-773000
as soon as possible.
- Responsibility for mapping the financial contract contents in the ERP system (SAP CO) in coordination with Controlling and Procurement FAIR while complying with budgetary framework conditions
- Provision of reports for the annual outflow of funds, calls for funds, and quarterly reports to the grantor
- Independent control of budget matters (budget transfers, budget monitoring, liability adjustments) via SAP CO and the Ariba/EasyBanf procurement system
- Independent review of contracts, supplements and offers with regard to budget planning and budgetary conditions
- Preparation of decision documents ready for signature for the management with regard to costs, risks and audit security as well as the execution of contract awarding
- Responsibility for the formal, arithmetical and, in coordination with the technical department, factual auditing of accounts as well as for the maintenance and administration of the FSB account book
- Preparation of reports and overviews for the management, Controlling, Finance / Accounting and Procurement departments of FAIR
- Budget planning and control as well as responsibility for the audit-proof documentation of tenders, awards and orders
- Cost planning of running costs in coordination with the cost center managers
- Process development, implementation and monitoring of relevant business transactions as required in consultation with all necessary contact persons.
- Successfully completed university studies (diploma or master's degree) in business engineering, business management with a strong connection to the construction industry or civil engineering with additional knowledge in business management
- Relevant knowledge of the regulations and standards for handling and controlling construction projects (VOB, HOAI, RBBau, VHB, VOL, VOF, VgV, DIN 276, etc.)
- Experience in the execution or management of complex construction projects
- Relevant knowledge in supplement management (planners/executing companies)
- Good to very good knowledge in MS-Office especially Excel
- Knowledge of SAP CO and SAP-PS is an advantage
- Good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken, is a prerequisite
- The ability to think analytically and act solution-oriented in a team.
We offer an interesting and varied position in an internationally renowned research institute. The position is limited to five years. The salary is based on the German civil service employees (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst - TVöD (Bund)).
For further information, please contact Helko Thoma (helko.thoma(at)fair-center.eu).
FAIR promotes the professional development of women and welcomes women who feel particularly addressed by this advertisement.
Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
Please send your complete application documents, including your salary expectations, with details of your earliest possible starting date, by quoting the Posting-ID, until 23/07/2022 or:
Via email to bewerbung(at)gsi.de
Or postal delivery:
c/o GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement