Assistance (all genders) FAIR
The international accelerator center FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research), one of the largest research projects worldwide, is currently being built in Darmstadt. FAIR is under construction at the existing research center GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung. At FAIR, matter that usually only exists in the depth of space will be produced and studied in the laboratory, in order to gain new insights into the evolution of the universe and the structure of matter. FAIR offers the opportunity to work in this international environment with a team that is dedicated to doing world-class science every day.
For the divisions „FAIR Site & Buildings“ (FSB) & „Site Management“ (SMG) we are looking for an:
Assistance (all genders)
as soon as possible.
The demanding task takes a great responsibility for the divisions „FSB“ & „SMG“ of FAIR GmbH supporting the managers and teams especially in this unique science and civil engineering project.
- Office-Management for the team leaders:
- Work-sharing organization of the secretariat
- Administration of incoming and outgoing mail as well as file management and storage in German and English language
- Maintenance and responsible follow-up of project deadlines
- Taking over classic secretarial tasks such as preparing reports, documents, presentations, analysis and minutes, scheduling and tracking appointments, guest management and business trips
- Planning, implementation and coordination of administrative processes
- Guest management: preparation and follow-up of visitor appointments
- Coordination of the awarding of site passes
- Processing of procurement processes as well as invoice verification
- Independent coordination and planning of technical meetings
- Responsibility for material procurement, EDP and software
- Organization of conferences, workshops and events
- Independent preparation of draft reports and decision papers in coordination with colleagues from the teams.
- Completed commercial training or comparable qualification
- Many years of secretarial experience - preferably in the construction industry or in comparable large project organisations
- Experience in the field of auditing and controlling is an advantage
- very good computer skills in MS Office, especially MS Excel as well as knowledge in the field of databases
- good organizational and communication skills in a team
- Very good written and spoken German and good English skills are required.
A pronounced interest in actively helping to shape administrative processes in a research company rounds off the profile.
We offer an interesting and varied position in an internationally renowned research institute. The position is limited to two years. The salary is based on the German civil service employees (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst - TVöD (Bund)).
FAIR promotes the professional development of women and welcomes women who feel particularly addressed by this advertisement.
Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
For further information, please contact Klaus Knie k.knie(at)gsi.de
If you consider the described field of activity as a personal challenge and are interested in working in an extraordinary international, strongly technical environment, please send your complete application documents including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date, quoting the reference number 23.91-773000, by 08.12.2023 at the latest:
Preferably via the online portal on our careers page,
via E-Mail to:bewerbung(at)gsi.de
(If you apply by e-mail, please make sure that your application contains only one PDF document)
c/o GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Data Privacy Statement