EU liaison officer (m/f/d) to support projects from FAIR and GSI
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensuring each day to conduct world-class science.
For the Grant Office, we are looking, at the earliest possible starting date, for an
EU liaison officer (m/f/d)
to support projects from FAIR and GSI
Posting ID: 9300-19.147
In particular, the area of responsibility includes the support in managing recently awarded EU projects at FAIR and GSI. Additional tasks include the acquisition of EU external funding for GSI / FAIR as well as support in the application process of new grants for GSI / FAIR.
- A completed university studies in the natural sciences (preferably holding a doctorate)
- Proven experience in science management or science marketing at an (inter) national research institution
- Many years of experience in acquisition, application and management of research and development projects including reporting
- Secure handling of common software (e.g. Microsoft Office products) and with SAP / Oracle
- Fluency in German and English (command of other foreign languages can be considered advantageous)
- A service-oriented attitude and strong communication skills
In addition, the new employee should have the skills to quickly familiarize himself with new topics and be able to present complex issues in an understandable way.
The position is initially limited to a duration of 4 years. The FAIR-project might give good prospects for a longer-term career perspective. Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund).
For further information please contact the Head of Grant Office, Dr. Arjan Vink (+49 (0) 6159 2848; a.vink(at)gsi.de .
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferential considered when equally qualified.
Please send your complete application documents, including your salary expectations, with information of your earliest possible starting date and the posting-ID above to the following address by January, 3rd 2020
by email to: bewerbung(at)gsi.de
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
The interviews are scheduled for calendar week 5 in 2020