We are building the international accelerator Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research FAIR, one of the largest research projects worldwide, next to the facility of GSI Helmholtzzentrum for Heavy Ion Research, whose existing accelerators serve as injectors. The FAIR GmbH, an international company owned by Germany and nine partner countries from Europe and Asia is responsible for the project realization. At FAIR, an unprecedented variety of experiments will be possible. Scientists from all over the world will be able to gain new insights into the structure of matter and the evolution of the universe from the Big Bang to the present.
The division ‘FAIR Site & Buildings (FSB)’ is looking for an
The demanding and responsible task of the assistant FSB includes the support of the entire "Site & Buildings" division of FAIR GmbH and the entire team.
- Office management for the team leaders of the FAIR Site & Buildings department:
- Collaborative organization of the FAIR Site & Buildings secretariat
- Management of incoming and outgoing mail as well as file management and filing in German and English
- Maintenance and responsible monitoring of project deadlines
- Taking over secretarial tasks such as the creation of documents, presentations and minutes, appointment planning and tracking, guest management and business trips.
- Processing of procurement transactions and invoice verification
- Independent coordination and planning of professional meetings
- Responsible for material procurement, EDP and software
- Organization of conferences, workshops and events
- Independent preparation of draft reports and draft decisions in consultation with specialist colleagues from the FSB team
- Completed business education or comparable qualification
- Many years of secretarial experience - preferably in the construction industry
- Experience in auditing and controlling would be an advantage
- Very good computer skills in MS-Office, especially MS Excel as well as knowledge of databases, SAP knowledge is desirable
- You have good organizational and communication skills in a team
- A very good knowledge of spoken and written German is mandatory, a good knowledge of English is desirable
A pronounced interest in actively participating in the design of administrative processes in a research company rounds off the profile. The position is limited to 2 years. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD (Federal Government) valid at FAIR.
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
For further information please contact the division manager FSB M. Ossendorf Michael.Ossendorf(at)fair-center.eu.
If you regard the described field of activity as a personal challenge and are interested in working in an exceptional international, highly technical environment, please send your complete application documents, including your salary expectations, with details of your earliest possible starting date, quoting the reference number, by 03. April 2020 at the latest:
Preferred via the online portal on our job site,
Via e-mail to : bewerbung(at)gsi.de
(If you apply by e-mail, please make sure that your application contains only one PDF document)
or postal delivery:
c/o GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH Abteilung