Construction controller (w/m/d)
We are building the international accelerator Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research FAIR, one of the largest research projects worldwide, next to the facility of GSI Helmholtzzentrum for Heavy Ion Research, whose existing accelerators serve as injectors. The FAIR GmbH, an international company owned by Germany and nine partner countries from Europe and Asia is responsible for the project realization. At FAIR, an unprecedented variety of experiments will be possible. Scientists from all over the world will be able to gain new insights into the structure of matter and the evolution of the universe from the Big Bang to the present.
The division ‘FAIR Site & Buildings (FSB)’ is looking for a:
Construction controller (w/m/d)
This challenging and accountable position comprises constructive cooperation in a multi-disciplinary project team during structural realization and commissioning of the FAIR project. The FSB project team takes implementation responsibility over 1 Billion Euros project budget towards the shareholders and more than 1000 researchers within the FAIR scientific community.
- Responsible for the mapping of the financial contract contents in the ERP system (SAP CO) in coordination with Controlling and E-Purchasing FAIR under compliance with budgetary law.
- Provision of reports for the annual outflow of funds, the calls for funds and the quarterly reports to the sponsor.
- Independent control of budget matters (budget shifts, budget monitoring, commitment adjustments) via SAP CO and procurement system ebiss.
- Independent checking of contracts, supplements, and proposals with regard to budget planning and budgetary conditions.
- Preparation of ready for signature decision templates for the management regarding costs, risks and revision security, execution of the order placement.
- Responsible for the formal, arithmetical and, in coordination with the technical department, factual auditing of accounts as well as for the keeping and administration of the construction expenditure book.
- Preparation of reports and overviews for the management, the controlling, finance / accounting and purchasing departments of FAIR.
- Budget planning and control for tenders, awards and closings. Responsible for the audit-proof documentation of tenders, awards and contracts.
- Cost planning of running costs in coordination with the cost center manager.
- Process development/implementation and monitoring of the relevant business processes as required in consultation with all necessary contact persons.
- Completed university studies (diploma or master's degree) as an industrial engineer - business economist with strong reference to civil engineering or civil engineer with additional knowledge of business administration
- appropriate knowledge in VOB/HOAI/RBBau/VHB/VOL/VOF/VgV
- Experience in civil engineering
- Relevant knowledge in supplementary management (planners/executing companies)
- good to very good knowledge of MS-Office, especially Excel
- the ability to think analytically and act solution-oriented in a team
- Knowledge of SAP-CO; SAP-PS is an advantage
- English language skills, written and spoken
We expect you to adapt and foster our internal project culture and to become part of the FAIR project team, cultivating a target- and solution-oriented style of working. We furthermore expect you to communicate and network on a professional level as well as showing a high degree of motivation and understanding for our customers in the scientific community.
An interesting job in the core team during the challenging realization phase of the FAIR site and buildings project. The position is limited to 5 years. The salary follows the applicable FAIR collective agreement TVöD (federal government).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
If you regard the described field of activity as a personal challenge and are interested in working in an exceptional international, highly technical environment, please send your complete application documents, including your salary expectations, with details of your earliest possible starting date, quoting the reference number 773000-20.15, by 10th April 2020 at the latest:
Preferred via the online portal on our job site,
Via email to bewerbung(at)gsi.de
(If you apply by e-mail, please make sure that your application contains only one PDF document)
or postal delivery:
c/o GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Classification according to qualification