Risks & Opportunities Management Team Member (m / f / d)
One of the largest research facilities in the world is currently under construction in Darmstadt: The international particle accelerator FAIR. The heart of the new facility will be a ring accelerator of 1,100 meters in circumference. At FAIR, 3,000 scientists from more than 50 countries will investigate the inner core of matter and the evolution of the universe since the Big Bang. FAIR will be built next to the facility of GSI Helmholtzzentrum for Heavy Ion Research whose existing accelerators will be used as pre-accelerators. FAIR is built by FAIR GmbH, an international company owned by Germany and nine partner countries from Europe and Asia. FAIR will offer outstanding research opportunities.
We are looking for our department “Project Management Office – FAIR PMO” for a
Risks & Opportunities Management Team Member (m/f/d)
Posting ID: 772200-19.76
- Operational and organizational support to the project management team in conducting planning, steering, monitoring and reporting activities. The risk management reports at regular intervals to the management board, the funding agencies, and the FAIR committees.
- Assistance to ensure the effective completion of the FAIR project and its subprojects within scope, time, budget and quality objectives.
- Completion of following activities according to the defined objectives:
- Identification and documentation of risks and opportunities of all subprojects
- Supporting of project team members in all risk management activities (identification, evaluation, choice of strategy and risk response, monitoring)
- Maintenance and further developments of the risk management process and tools
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Degree in natural science, engineering, engineering management, economics, or similar
- Affinity to complex projects and technology
- Knowledge of standard methods and tools for project and risk management. A project management certificate is advantageous
- Relevant experience in project management
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in German and English
Your strengths are a structured approach as well as excellent organizational skills. Your quick perception, analytical and conceptual skills allow you to make solution-oriented proposals and to work independently. You have excellent communication and teamwork skills. You are reliable, discreet when needed and you can handle conflict.
you an interesting position in an exceptional international research company.
The position is initially planned for 5 years. Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
The department leader Emmanuel Rosi will be happy to provide further information (06159/71-1383 or e.rosi(at)gsi.de).
If you find this position interesting and challenging and would like to work in an exceptional, international, strongly technical environment, please send your full application documents, including the desired salary, with information of your earliest possible starting date and the reference number above to the following address by July, 26th, 2019 to
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
or by email to: bewerbung(at)gsi.de