Accelerator Physicist (f/m/d)
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to world-class science.
The "LINAC" department is responsible for the operation and further development of the heavy ion linear accelerator UNILAC (UNIversal Linear ACcelerator) and all associated beam transport sections. For this department, we are looking for an experienced
Accelerator Physicist (f/m/d)
Reference Number: 6680-19.106
for the active cooperation in the operation of the GSI linear accelerator UNILAC. In particular, the assumption of tasks for the independent coordination of UNILAC operation and the shutdown work relating to UNILAC, as well as medium and long-term UNILAC development and upgrading projects are expected.
- Responsibility and/or cooperation for/with all tasks concerning the machine coordination of GSI-UNILAC
- Assistance in the coordination of shutdown work
- Active participation in UNILAC development tasks
- Management and/or collaboration of/with assorted UNILAC upgrade projects
- On a long-term time scale, the safety responsibility of UNILAC is to be assumed
- University degree in physics
- Understanding of assembly processes
- Team-oriented and safe working methods
- Extensive knowledge in Radio Frequency-, vacuum technology, beam dynamics and all other relevant fields of accelerator technology and physics
- Basic knowledge in the design and construction of RF accelerator cavities and in the design of beam transport lines
Beyond that are desirable:
- Many years of experience in the operation of ion/heavy ion accelerators
- Many years of experience in the coordination of shutdown work on high-performance accelerators
- Many years of experience in the management and implementation of accelerator projects
- Many years of experience in personnel management
- Experience in assembly and maintenance of complex systems
You can expect versatile and interesting activities in a worldwide unique research institute, a well-equipped workplace as well as access to further supporting technological departments of the GSI.
For this position we offer a permanent contract. Payment is made in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund).
GSI promotes the professional development of women and welcomes the fact that women feel particularly addressed by the call for applications.
Disabled people with the same qualifications are given preference.
Further information about the GSI is available at www.gsi.de.
Please send your application with the usual documents including your salary expectations by04. October 2019 at the latest, quoting the reference number:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
or per email to: bewerbung(at)gsi.de.