Mechanical Engineer (f/m/d), Applied Physicist (f/m/d) or Cryo-Engineer (f/m/d) for the production and testing of superconducting magnets for SIS100
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensuring each day to conduct world-class science.
In the division of “Superconducting Magnets (SCM)” we are looking for an
Mechanical Engineer (f/m/d), Applied Physicist (f/m/d) or Cryo-Engineer (f/m/d)
for the production and testing of superconducting magnets for SIS100
Posting ID: 6352-20.25
- Follow up of production, testing and commissioning of superconducting magnet modules. Technical supervision of project handling
- Evaluation of measurement results of electrical, mechanical, and cryogenic requirements
- Contact person for external and internal partners in terms of technical issues
- Participation in quality assurance process and preparation of technical documentation
- Preparation and follow up of project planning as well as reporting to the project leader
- Support of technical preparation of procurement and logistics processes
- Degree in applied physics, electrical, mechanical or cryogenic engineering (MSc, Diploma, U/TH/TU) or comparable
- Solid background in quality assurance and technical project management
- Background in one of the following topics is favorable: magnets, applied super-conductivity, cryogenics
- Enthusiasm for working in scientific and technical environment as well as a high level of motivation for participation in a common project
- Willingness for business travels (moderately)
- English and german language fluently spoken and written
- Solid background and Experience in MS-Office tools
We offer an initial employment contract of 3 years with a possible extension. As part of the FAIR project, there are good prospects for a longer-term career.
Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD-Bund).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
If you find this position interesting, please send your full application documents, including the desired salary, with information of your earliest possible starting date and the posting ID above to the following address by April, 10th 2020 to
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
or by email to: bewerbung(at)gsi.de