Mechanical Engineer (m/f/d) or Applied Physicist or Cryo-Engineer for the production and testing of superconducting magnets of Super-FRS
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to world-class science every day.
In the division of “Superconducting Magnets (SCM)” we are looking for an
Mechanical Engineer (m/f/d) or Applied Physicist or Cryo-Engineer
for the production and testing of superconducting magnets of Super-FRS
Posting ID: 6350-19.83
- Follow up of production, testing and commissioning of superconducting magnet modules. Technical supervision of project handling,
- Evaluation of test results of electrical, mechanical and cryogenic parameters,
- Contact person for external and internal partners in terms of technical issues,
- Coordination of internal technical groups,
- Participation in quality assurance processes and preparation of technical documentation,
- Preparation and follow up of project plans as well as reporting to the project leader,
- Support of procurement and logistics processes.
- Degree in mechanical engineering, applied physics or cryogenic engineering (MSc, Diploma, U/TH/TU) or comparable.
- Solid background in quality assurance and technical project management,
- Background in one of the following topics is favourable: electromagnets, applied superconductivity, cryogenics.
- Enthusiasm for working in scientific and technical environment as well as a high level of motivation for participation in a common project,
- Willingness for business travels (moderately).
- English language fluently spoken and written, German of advantage.
- Solid background and Experience in MS-Office tools.
You can expect a challenging and interesting position in an exceptional, international, strongly technical environment, a good infrastructure and the work in team experts with physics, technical and engineering background. Further information about GSI and FAIR is available at www.gsi.de and www.fair-center.eu.
We offer an initial employment contract of 5 years. As part of the FAIR project, there are good prospects for a longer-term career. Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
If you find this position interesting, please send your full application documents, including the desired salary, with information of your earliest possible starting date and the Posting ID number above to the following address by 19.07.2019 to
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
or by email to: bewerbung(at)gsi.de