Physicist (PhD, m/f) with focus on beam dynamics
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the lead-ing particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research), one of the world's largest research projects, will be built under international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed each day to ensuring that world-class science.
“Accelerator Physics“ is looking for a
Physicist (PhD, m/f)
with focus on beam dynamics
Ref. No.: 6340-18.97
- advancement and implementation of state-of-the-art and numerically challenging simulation models for intense ion beams, also in cooperation with international partners.
- simulation studies of intense ion beams in the FAIR SIS-100 synchrotron, in close cooperation with the beam dymamics Team
- assist in the identification of optimum machine settings and beam parameters for high intensities in the SIS-100
- preparation and conducting of accelerator experiments in the SIS-18 synchrotron in order to validate the simulation models and improve the operation for high intensities
- presentation and discussion of the results at international conferences and in journals
- M.Sc. in physics (or a comparable discipline)
- PhD, preferred in accelerator physics
- broad knowledge of accelerator physics
- detailed knowledge of beam physics, collective effects and electromagnetic fields in particle accelerators
- experience with numerical methods and computer simulations
- experience with modern software engineering tools and programming languages (preferably C/C++ and python)
You are detail-oriented and have advanced communication skills, a confident manner and social competence. Teamwork skills and solution-oriented working are mandatory criteria.
In our internationally respected research institute you can expect an extensive familiarization program and a versatile and challenging employment in an experienced project team.
We offer a permanent employment contract with a very high personal responsibility. Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
Please send your full application documents, including the desired salary, with information of your earliest possible starting date and the reference number above to the following address by 10.08.2018 to:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
or per E-Mail via: bewerbung(at)gsi.de