Grad. Physicist or Doctor of Physics (m/f/d) or M.Sc Physics or Engineering or comparable qualification
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensuring each day to conduct world-class science.
The department „Vacuum Systems“ is responsible for the vacuum system of all existing accelerators at GSI. Furthermore is the department responsible for the development, the layout, the procurement and the testing of required vacuum components large parts of the future FAIR accelerators. In the framework of the realization of this ambitious and innovative large scale research project we invite now qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Grad. Physicist or Doctor of Physics (m/f/d) or
M.Sc Physics or Engineering
or comparable qualification
- Design of various accelerator vacuum systems in the framework of the FAIR project, incl. the definition of the required hardware components
- Establishing of the required specifications and tender documents
- Technical coordination and follow-up of the required procurements
- Technical support with quality inspection
- Establishing and follow-up of time schedules and cash outflow profiles in the framework of the FAIR project
- Installation and commissioning of the accelerator vacuum systems
- Operation and further development of the accelerator vacuum systems
- Communication und coordination with national and international partners both in research and industrial surrounding.
- Years of practical experience and thorough knowledge in high and ultra-high vacuum technology
- Expertise in accelerator technology
- Experience in project management
- Experience in the use of planning tools, preferably MS-project
- General computer skills, preferably MS-Office
- Team spirit and flexibility
- Very good English (written and spoken)
- To work independently with a high grade of initiative, structured approach, capacity for teamwork and resilience under pressure.
You can expect a challenging and interesting position in an exceptional, international, strongly technical environment, a good infrastructure and the work in a team of experts with physical, technical and engineering background.
We offer an indefinite contract. Salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund).
GSI supports the vocational development of women. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
Please send your full application documents, including the desired salary, with information of your earliest possible starting date and the reference number above to the following address by 10. January 2020 to:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
or by email to:bewerbung(at)gsi.de