Senior Scientist / Researcher (d/f/m) – Tenure Track // in Modern X-ray Physics: Nanoscience and Coherent Phenomena
The Helmholtz Institute Jena (HI Jena) is a joint institution of the Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena and the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research GmbH in Darmstadt. The institute is mainly focused on applied and fundamental research at the borderline of high-power lasers and particle accelerators.
For the research area “X-ray Science”,we are seeking to fill the position of
Senior Scientist / Researcher (d/f/m) – Tenure Track
in Modern X-ray Physics: Nanoscience and Coherent Phenomena
Posting ID: 4239-20.41
The work at the Helmholtz Institute Jena will focus on
- development of an active research program in the physics and applications of thin films and nanostructures, addressing questions in contemporary condensed matter physics as well as on coherent and quantum phenomena with x-rays;
- setting up and operation of laboratories for thin-film deposition, nanostructuring and corresponding characterization techniques, including Mössbauer and laser spectroscopy as well as synchrotron radiation methods;
- coordination of lab activities and supervision of students as well as technical and scientific personnel;
- managing cooperations with researchers on national and international level.
We are looking for a scientist with a PhD in physics and
- at least three years of work experience as a PostDoc;
- extensive experience in the characterization and preparation of thin films and nanostructures;
- extensive experience in the field of x-ray scattering techniques with synchrotron radiation; experience with Mössbauer spectroscopy and nuclear resonance scattering is an asset;
- excellent communication skills in the English language;
- who is a good team player.
a fixed-term tenure track position with the salary and benefits based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund) effective at GSI, with the option for permanent employment upon successful evaluation after 3 years.
GSI promotes the professional development of women and therefore expressly welcomes applications from women.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
Please send your application together with the usual documents, stating the identification number, until August, 5th, 2020 to:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH