Technical Assistant (m/w/d) in the Clinical Radiobiology Group
The GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerator facilities for science. Over the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) facility, one of the world's largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. In this international environment, GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together with a team of employees who are committed to world-class science daily.
For the research laboratories of the Biophysics Department, where experiments with X-rays or ion beams will be carried out, we are looking for a
Technical Assistant (m/w/d)
in the Clinical Radiobiology Group
Posting ID: 1570-19.158
- Controlling, ordering and monitoring laboratory consumables, machinery and laboratory equipment in general.
- Taking care of various cell cultures/laboratory animals.
- Conducting and supporting the group members in preparing and executing experiments or beam times.
- Supervising and training the new group members to the basic laboratory techniques.
- Carrying our risk assessments and reporting to the group leader or members.
What you will bring to the Role
- Bachelor in Biology, Biotechnology or related field or complete training as BTA/MTA.
- FELASA course certification to be able to work with small animals such as mice and rats.
- Experience to work with human, animal, tumor and non-tumor cell cultures.
- A good communication level of English (necessary) and German.
- Good computer literacy (MS Office).
- Willing to work in a team.
- Excellent organizational skills of laboratory materials and instruments.
- Reliable and enjoying work in an international environment.
- Highly committed and able to work on a high demand.
- The flexibility of working time (the experiments at the accelerator require to be able to work on weekends and evenings or in the night as needed)
The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD (Bund) applicable at GSI.
GSI promotes the professional development of women and welcomes the fact that women feel particularly addressed by the tender.
Disabled persons with the same qualifications are given preference.
If you regard the described field of work as a personal challenge and are interested in working in an exceptional international, highly technical environment, please send your complete application documents including your salary expectations and your possible starting date including the reference number 1540-19.158, by January, 31, 2020 at the latest, to:
GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research GmbH
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
or by e-mail to: bewerbung(at)gsi.de